evrik

Sling Loading

So, I've been correcting errors and updating the Hafm_arma2_uk_wheeled pack. It now outputs no bone errors or missing materials .bisurf problems in the report log. Memory points on the Jackal and Landrovers have been added and we can sling lift. The Huron can see the points and connect the lines. However, when you attempt to lift, if you do it slowly the Jackal just slides along the floor and the ropes extend until they snap. If you quickly throttle up and lift quite hard with the Huron, the Jackal does lift, but bounces upward before it then levels out below the helicopter. I notice this does not happen with the Hunters or indeed with the Landrovers in the same pack. It is usable as is, but I'd like to make it smoother. I am guessing the physics if off somewhere. It's almost as if there is friction between the ground and the model. Any ideas? Has anyone else tried to add sling points to an arma 2 model port and had the same issue?

what you need to do is create memory points in the p3d of the model and name then "slingLoadCargo1" 2,3 and 4 (that is if you want 4 ropes).

You then place:

slingLoadCargoMemoryPoints[] =

{

SlingLoadCargo1

SlingLoadCargo2

SlingLoadCargo3

SlingLoadCargo4

};

into the config.cpp of the vehicle or item it will then be able to be lifted. All you then need to do is play around with where you have placed the slingload points to get it level and looking good.

I am guessing we need a physX lod too?

it doesn't say this anywhere, and there is no documentation or sample models for sling loading that i can locate.

I am trying to add sling loading to the PBR patrol boats in unsung mod

I added the 4 memory points in the mem lod of the model (which has no physX lod)

and in config i added this array, names are same as in mem lod

slingLoadCargoMemoryPoints[] = {"SlingLoadCargo1","SlingLoadCargo2","SlingLoadCargo3","SlingLoadCargo4"};

am i missing something?

Hi eggbeast. I believe the Jackal did have a physX lod added to the model before we included the Sling Loading points. However, I have added them to a M119 field gun ahead of creating the L118 for future BAF releases. I don't think it has a physX lod at the moment and it can be sling loaded. I will check tonight after work.

EDIT: Just checked. No Geometry Phys lod on the model and I haven't done much to the arma 2 config yet apart from getting it to load into arma 3. I have added the sling points and:

slingLoadCargoMemoryPoints[] =
        {
            "SlingLoadCargo1",
            "SlingLoadCargo2",
            "SlingLoadCargo3",
            "SlingLoadCargo4"
        };

In the config. It works. I can sling it below a Chinook. I know boats are slightly different as they have a Buoyancy lod etc... I would suggest maybe trying to add the points to another model first, before the boat to see if it works. If it does, the issue is related to the particular model.

thanks evrik -that is ideal feedback. I had made the points, and that config entry but it does not show up on the helper radar either on a stock chopper or our ch34 and both can lift the stock RIB boat.

i will test the jeeps maybe as they have physx