Sign in to follow this  
tpw

Manned scenarios broken?

I haven't played TOM for a few weeks. Saw the latest update downloading a few days ago and thought I'd try out the manned scenarios. I'm not sure what's happening but in every SP or MP manned scenario my player character spawns without a helmet and promptly dies in a maelstrom of flashing errors and beeps.

Is this intended behaviour? Because it's pretty difficult to evaluate all the new changes in the manned stuff when I die within 10 seconds.

Hey tpw,

yeah that is an annoying bug.. That is, after I changed the characters parameters, the scenarios still had old characters which, hence, die. I will be fixing this with priority on monday.

Hey tpw,

yeah that is an annoying bug.. That is, after I changed the characters parameters, the scenarios still had old characters which, hence, die. I will be fixing this with priority on monday.

Thanks Dram, that's great to hear.

Fixed. I'll be making a new build today. I also added a few more scenarios to play around with, icnluding one on the Moon, one on Deimos, and one on teh South Polar Cap.

Hi Dram. Thanks for the new build, nice to be able to explore without instantly dying!

Seems like I'm the only one posting bug reports etc:

No head shadow in 1st person.

What's with the noisy rocket ship which lands at the start of some of the scenarios? Shouldn't it be all but silent on the moon? And not too loud on Mars with 1% atmospheric pressure to carry the noise?

Speaking of the moon, why is there the full lunar module? I thought the Astronauts only left behind the descent stage.

Are you planning an FOV slider for the manned stuff?

Sorry to sound like a nit picking Anorak.