Sign in to follow this  
reaper lok

Missing Helicopter?

Am I missing something or were we supposed to get a NATO variant pictured below? I do not have this pictured Chopper :(

arma3_dlc_helicopters_screenshot_04.jpg

I know the troops are CSAT pictured here but the chopper?

It's a CSAT helicopter, but only available through some scripting command in-game.. (don't know which script precisely..) Why it is hidden is beyond me, because we do have black CSAT Kajman and Orca helicopters...

Thanx for the fast Replies fellas!

I wonder why the ArmA 3 Official site would use this chopper in their official advertisements for the DLC and then NOT provide it (without a hidden texture script).

For those interested here is the code for the choppers init field:

null = [this] execVM "\a3\Air_F_Heli\Heli_Transport_04\Scripts\Heli_Transport_04_basic_black.sqf"

Edited by REAPER LOK

If you go to the Arma Assets pages, scroll down to find the name of the helicopter. Last time I looked, there wasn't a picture for it. But if you go all the way to the last column, on the right side of the screen, you will find codes for things. You have a lot of possibilities. You can change heli textures and the individual containers. The new helis and their containers have codes in each ones column telling you how to change textures, also sling load abilities, positions, and vehicle specific scripts, etc.

This is the page for opfor: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_CfgVehicles_EAST

the heli's are at the bottom.

Are the separate pods have a black color variant then?

I have seen the info regarding the variant color options yet am struggling to make the stand alone PODS change to the BLACK color scheme. Has anyone had any success with this?

For those interested here is the code for the choppers init field:

null = [this] execVM "\a3\Air_F_Heli\Heli_Transport_04\Scripts\Heli_Transport_04_basic_black.sqf"

Indeed. There is a whole set of scripts, all in that same location:

// Taru without a pod
Heli_Transport_04_basic_black.sqf
Heli_Transport_04_basic_camo.sqf

// Taru with bench pod
Heli_Transport_04_bench_black.sqf
Heli_Transport_04_bench_camo.sqf

// Taru with fuel pod
Heli_Transport_04_fuel_black.sqf
Heli_Transport_04_fuel_camo.sqf

// Taru with any other pod
Heli_Transport_04_pods_black.sqf
Heli_Transport_04_pods_camo.sqf

// Standalone bench pod
Pods_Heli_Transport_04_bench_black.sqf
Pods_Heli_Transport_04_bench_camo.sqf

// Standalone fuel pod
Pods_Heli_Transport_04_fuel_black.sqf
Pods_Heli_Transport_04_fuel_camo.sqf

// Other standalone pods
Pods_Heli_Transport_04_pods_black.sqf
Pods_Heli_Transport_04_pods_camo.sqf

The reason the black Taru variants are not in editor is that we didn't want to "overclutter" (that's a word, right? ;)) the Air category.

Indeed. There is a whole set of scripts, all in that same location:

// Taru without a pod
Heli_Transport_04_basic_black.sqf
Heli_Transport_04_basic_camo.sqf

// Taru with bench pod
Heli_Transport_04_bench_black.sqf
Heli_Transport_04_bench_camo.sqf

// Taru with fuel pod
Heli_Transport_04_fuel_black.sqf
Heli_Transport_04_fuel_camo.sqf

// Taru with any other pod
Heli_Transport_04_pods_black.sqf
Heli_Transport_04_pods_camo.sqf

// Standalone bench pod
Pods_Heli_Transport_04_bench_black.sqf
Pods_Heli_Transport_04_bench_camo.sqf

// Standalone fuel pod
Pods_Heli_Transport_04_fuel_black.sqf
Pods_Heli_Transport_04_fuel_camo.sqf

// Other standalone pods
Pods_Heli_Transport_04_pods_black.sqf
Pods_Heli_Transport_04_pods_camo.sqf

The reason the black Taru variants are not in editor is that we didn't want to "overclutter" (that's a word, right? ;)) the Air category.

It is a word now ;) I think most of us would welcome 'clutter' if it meant additional/available content (even if its only a color variant). Thanx for the response and the code examples. Will these codes (if placed in the vehicles init box), have the selected textures on Respawn?

With regards to the cluttering of menus, may I coin up a suggestion?

How about CSAT/Air/Mi-290 Taru/Variant? (Variant = either black or current visible camouflaged version with respective pods in either colour.)

I hope this'll be worth some consideration by the BI Devs; If deemed practicable, and worth the hassle, thank you kindly! :)

With regards to the cluttering of menus' date=' may I coin up a suggestion?

How about CSAT/Air/Mi-290 Taru/Variant? (Variant = either black or current visible camouflaged version with respective pods in either colour.)

I hope this'll be worth some consideration by the BI Devs; If deemed practicable, and worth the hassle, thank you kindly! :)[/quote']

Far too polite, lol We expect people to demand using foul and aggressive language please. ;)

I want to change the color of the modules separately. But I am not able to find the black texture.

Some help?

Thank you very much!

Every time I see that picture I just imagine a Chinese/Asian faction using that specific Taru. It would be nice, because that could be there dedicated Utility heli, and they could also have separate vehicles than regular CSAT for variation.