Sign in to follow this  
darksteeljorge

PC Shutsdown when playing Arma 3 multiplayer

Not sure if this should be in troubleshooting but anyways, When I bought arma it was great, after the 2nd week something unusual happened :confused: I was playing Altis life and my pc suddenly shutsdown. I don't really remember if that happened again that day, because It was a while back ago. Now on I can't play any multiplayer server cause in the wors case my Pc shutsdown in 5-10 minutes, little times I get to play more.

I've tries everything, since redownloading the game, to general pc fixes. Nothing had worked, I've even made research on overclocking, and still dont know how to overclock, and If I overclocked my Pc by accident or I should overclock it ?

This is really annoying, I can't play. I don't think it shutsdown my pc when I play singleplayer. I just haven't played as much.

My specs : AMD Fx4100 quadcore, 8gb Ram, Radeon HD 6670 360MHz

PD: at first I tought it was the power sometimes low voltage and sometimes high voltage, Im not sure if that influences. Then I tought It was overheating, and I dont know how to chek if its overheating but sometimes is not as hot when it shutsdown. PLEASE HELP ME

Check your power settings. If on performance, change option to use like 80% performance target. You may have to Google it as I am not giving you exact instructions.

Check your power settings. If on performance, change option to use like 80% performance target. You may have to Google it as I am not giving you exact instructions.

Yeah, thinking power settings too --hot cpu will freeze the game, but not turn the pc off.

"GameBooster3" uses a gamer profile for power settings --can google to do it yourself.

GL!

Yeah, thinking power settings too --hot cpu will freeze the game, but not turn the pc off.

GL!

A CPU, that hits (in bios or the last fail-safe temp target) a set temp target will shut down the PC. Thats how it works.

A CPU, that hits (in bios or the last fail-safe temp target) a set temp target will shut down the PC. Thats how it works.

Did the OP smell something burning? Short of a fan failure, doubtful. Tho bios failsafe temp is worth looking at if set too low.