Sign in to follow this  
thelegendarykhan

Need AI related help, Wasteland like SP mission

Hello Arma community.

I will keep it simple. I am trying to make an SP where units of all the 3 sides - BLU, OPF, and IND are present on an island individually without any or little groups. I need:

1. AI unit Respawn at random points

2. AI units to get attack/defend/capture priorities randomly

3. AI can detect nearby empty vehicles and proceed to these objectives. If an unarmed car then how to disembark also rather than sitting ducks and eating bullets and launcher fires:shoot:

4. AI units can find and resupply from nearby crates and vehicles on objective markers

5. Player respawn in SP

Against all the above, I have combined ALIVE (Garbage clean up) and AIRS (AI respawn and proceed to target marker) to attain the above goals partially.

What I have been able to achieve till now:

1. AI unit Respawn at random points - Like I said I used AIRS to respawn dead AI inf units on a respawn marker. But, how can I add more markers for the same side through out the map to be able to randomise the AI respawn location?

2. AI units to get attack/defend/capture priorities randomly - I used AIRS to give the AI marker spots to proceed and attack. But they either go to that marker or directly come to my location where I shot them. 2 furthers questions:

a. How to randomise AI target markers after respawn in AIRS? Marker names separated by commas?

b. How to brainwash the respawned enemy AI in believeing I never existed in the last spot and just move to any randomly chosen target markers? :)

3. AI can detect nearby empty vehicles and proceed to these objectives. If an unarmed car then how to disembark also rather than sitting ducks and eating bullets and launcher fires - I saw in AIRS features- "AI detects nearby empty vehicles". But I have no idea how it works. If there is an empty vehicle at their respawn location or in the way to their objectives, will they board it automatically? or scripting is needed?

Also is it possible for AI to disembark from a, say, unarmed offroad when shot at? or will it continue to let itself turn into a roasted turkey?

One tricky question in this - If i spawn a hunter gmg with a group in and I damage the wheels, the ai like usual comes out, and I kill em all. Now will the vehicle and the group manning it will re-spawn separately or the vehicle will wait for the entire inf group to die, as I will use vehicle respawn too? How to have them respawn together - Vehicle + inf group in it?

But what if my other normal vehicle respawn script has a target of respawn vehicle if left empty for xx seconds/minutes?

4. AI units can find and resupply from nearby crates and vehicles on objective markers - speaks for itself. How to?

5. Player respawn in SP - A fantastic mission made by Genesis92x by the name Endless Survival (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=22807) has most of these features which I need. I have no idea how that mission manages single player respawn at random bases. Ai respawn is ok but how do players respawn in SP?

Thank you for patiently going through. I love ARMA 3 like you all and will publish this mission for SP lovers like myself :D It will be a perpetual and interesting game mode IMHO.

Regards

You're asking for some hard stuff here (especially without providing example code to work from). I could build this stuff onto a mission I've made, but without seeing how yours is put together, then I wouldn't know where to begin.

Lots of these sort of questions have been answered already in the mission editing forum as Old_Painless mentioned. You should try a search in there and see what you can find.