Sign in to follow this  
Rydygier

ARTEMIS - Hunting Instinct AI mod

I can't find a way to load raptors without requiring a mod from the players to be loaded. Seems A3Launcher doesn't support the raptor mod so everyone is against forcing player to download a mod without knowing it is required.

So I was thinking of randomly picking a player on the server and having a Chicken hunt them. Can anyone explain how I would add the player and the chicken to the init.sqm?

I would suggest ask questions about raptors mod in the raptors mod thread... Also can't help with MP issues.

As for chickens and such animal - those wouln't work properly with Artemis, as doesn't support required AI control commands like stance etc. Also are notorious as very unreliable regarding any kind of scripting control, even simple moving them. Currently apart from two mods with dinos I'm not awared about any vanilla or custom unit in A3 recommended for Artemis. Well, you can use it on human units, but it kinda sucks. :)

Oh, and there isn't init.sqm file AFAIK? May be init.sqf or mission.sqm. In editor only rabbit may be added, so chicken has to be spawned via script in init.sqf, which requires basic scripting skills (questions on this topic you may ask in the editing&scripting section of this forum). But see above - it's futile.

Alright so if I had the raptor mod loaded. And yes I mistyped sqm instead of sqf sorry. What would I do to get the init file ready with a human player as the hunted and a raptor as the hunter?

From what I read I understand that I would put:

RYD_ART_Hunters = [(here list of hunters)];

RYD_ART_Prey = [(here list of prey units)];

in the Init.sqf file but what goes in the areas for hunters and prey?

Edited by ElricMelnibone

If you insist do not use addon version, where you can simply synchronize hunters and hunted with proper modules, then for script version your init.sqf would look like:

RYD_ART_Hunters = [[i]nameofthehunter[/i]];
RYD_ART_Prey = [player];

[] execVM "Artemis\ARTInit.sqf";

Where nameofthehunter is any name, you choose for the raptor unit in editor. It's for single player of course. As said, don't know, how about MP. IMO in such case keep thing server side - run the script only on the server:

if not (isServer) exitWith {};
RYD_ART_Hunters = [[i]nameofthehunter[/i]];
RYD_ART_Prey = [[i]someplayerUnitname[/i]];

and keep the raptor server side too. Then it may work. If not - sorry, I'm not interested in MP.

if not (isServer) exitWith {};
RYD_ART_Hunters = [[I]nameofthehunter[/I]];
RYD_ART_Prey = [[I]someplayerUnitname[/I]];

and keep the raptor server side too. Then it may work. If not - sorry, I'm not interested in MP.

so If I wanted to add the raptors to the script I would write

RYD_ART_Hunters = ["Raptors"];

RYD_ART_Prey = [player];

or do I have to involve Eden in some way ?

if so is there no way to do it without Eden (just scripting) ?

its a Tanoa (Exile) mp mission btw

use addon version, where you can simply synchronize hunters and hunted with proper modules

if you want to avoid any typing.

Scripted version, involving typing these lines, may be done either in the init.sqf file (if no Eden involvement desired, then raptors and prey names have to be defined in the scripts as global variables refering to given units before these two lines, otherwise - just name the units in editor) or in the init field of any unit/object on the map, if you don't want init.sqf (init.sqf however is trivial easy and recommended way). Names without "" though. For example:

RYD_ART_Hunters = [Rap1,Rap2,Rap3];

RYD_ART_Prey = [player1,player2];

Note, this wasn't tested since my previous post here, so can't be sure, if still properly work with current game version (I guess, it still works).