dreadpirate

Jebus - Just Editor Based Unit Spawning

59 minutes ago, denizzcerrah said:

Hello, It's me again. 😅 Can I use Jebus for UAV's? I want to make a system like UAV recon support using Jebus and this script: 0 = [this, "INIT=", "player hcSetGroup [group _proxyThis]"] spawn jebus_fnc_main;

When I using Jebus for a UAV the UAV is falling down and destroy. It doesn' t fly and the script ( 0 = [this, "INIT=", "player hcSetGroup [group _proxyThis]"] spawn jebus_fnc_main; ) doesn't work for UAV's. So how can I do a system like UAV recon support using with Jebus? Thanks for answers 🤗

I couldn't get High Command to work with UAVs at all, how did you do it?

29 minutes ago, dreadpirate said:

I couldn't get High Command to work with UAVs at all, how did you do it?

I synchronized the UAV to High Command - Subordinate module.

7 minutes ago, denizzcerrah said:

I synchronized the UAV to High Command - Subordinate module.

But I want to the UAVs can respawn with Jebus and I can command this.

55 minutes ago, denizzcerrah said:

But I want to the UAVs can respawn with Jebus and I can command this.

I haven't really used JEBUS with UAVs before. So I'll have to work on that when I get a chance.

In the meantime, you can sync the UAV to a Vehicle Respawn Module and put the following in the "Expression" field:

(_this # 0) engineOn true; player hcSetGroup [group (_this # 0)]

If you want the UAV to spawn flying, make sure you give it plenty of altitude (at least 500m).....

• Thanks 1

@denizzcerrah This should allow you to use JEBUS drones with High Command using hcSetGroup as discussed previously.....

Version 1.453

• Fixed Drone support

Download

GitHub

(It turned out that the earlier update fixing seat positions in manned vehicles broke unmanned vehicles.....)

• Thanks 2

14 hours ago, dreadpirate said:

I haven't really used JEBUS with UAVs before. So I'll have to work on that when I get a chance.

In the meantime, you can sync the UAV to a Vehicle Respawn Module and put the following in the "Expression" field:

(_this # 0) engineOn true; player hcSetGroup [group (_this # 0)]

If you want the UAV to spawn flying, make sure you give it plenty of altitude (at least 500m).....

This method is always working! Thank you so much! 😊

10 hours ago, dreadpirate said:

@denizzcerrah This should allow you to use JEBUS drones with High Command using hcSetGroup as discussed previously.....

Version 1.453

• Fixed Drone support

Download

GitHub

(It turned out that the earlier update fixing seat positions in manned vehicles broke unmanned vehicles.....)

But this method isn't always working or I can't do. I don't know... 🤔

@dreadpirate I know I have asked this a while ago but why can't you get custom group names to carryover after respawn using Jebus or elevations of units ! 

12 minutes ago, denizzcerrah said:

Thank you dreadpirate! You are the hero! One question. Why the MQ-4A Greyhawk UAV has no ammo? I don't understand... Have you any idea?

I didn't notice that before. I can see them on the wings, but they don't seem to register for the gunner.....

Wait, I've found the problem:

In fn_spawnVehicle.sqf change the line

{_newVehicle setPylonLoadOut [(_forEachIndex + 1), _x];} forEach _vehiclePylonMagazines;

to:

{_newVehicle setPylonLoadOut [_forEachIndex, _x];} forEach _vehiclePylonMagazines;

(Indexes for pylons used to start at 1, instead of 0, but they must have fixed that.....)

I'll update JEBUS soon, but I've been trying to add some features that @avibird 1 requested and it's taken me all day.....

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, dreadpirate said:

I didn't notice that before. I can see them on the wings, but they don't seem to register for the gunner.....

Wait, I've found the problem:

In fn_spawnVehicle.sqf change the line

{_newVehicle setPylonLoadOut [(_forEachIndex + 1), _x];} forEach _vehiclePylonMagazines;

to:

{_newVehicle setPylonLoadOut [_forEachIndex, _x];} forEach _vehiclePylonMagazines;

(Indexes for pylons used to start at 1, instead of 0, but they must have fixed that.....)

I'll update JEBUS soon, but I've been trying to add some features that @avibird 1 requested and it's taken me all day.....

That fixes the problem for the Greyhawk, but it breaks other aircraft....... I'll do some more testing before I push out an update.....

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dreadpirate said:

That fixes the problem for the Greyhawk, but it breaks other aircraft....... I'll do some more testing before I push out an update.....

OK dreadpirate, good luck and good days and very very thank you for everything 😊

• Thanks 1

Version 1.454

• Group ID is saved
  • Unit elevation is saved. Groups can be spawned in buildings, on ships, etc.
  • Dynamic Loadout support withdrawn for now (It wasn't working properly anyway)

Download

GitHub

Notes:

• 0 = [this, "INIT=", "{doStop _x} forEach (units _proxyThis)"] spawn jebus_fnc_main; //Units will stay in building until engaged by enemy
  • 0 = [this, "INIT=", "{_x disableAI 'PATH'} forEach (units _proxyThis)"] spawn jebus_fnc_main; //Units will stay in building even after engaged by enemy
  • Dynamic Loadout Aircraft spawn with default loadout and *not* editor created loadout. I may try to fix this at some point
  • Vehicles won't spawn if their spawn position is occupied, so spread out your vehicles at least 10m

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@dreadpirate no words can express my gratitude 😎 this really should be a module. imagine jebus functionality in a module.