Sign in to follow this  
feuerexcz

Mission name not updating?

All right, I feel kinda silly because I think I should be able to deal with this, but, as it seems, this problem is beyond my knowledge.

I made a mission and wanted to test it, but instead of the official name I get only the common foldername.Altis, which isn't very nice to look at and makes a bad first impression.

I know that this name can be changed in the Intel section and I quadruple-checked on that, both in the editor and in the mission.sqm. I do have a custom name of the mission set up properly, but the game doesn't pick it up for some reason.

So I restarted Arma, deleted all saves of the said mission, renamed the folder of the mission, I even made a stringtable.csv and tried to change the name with that. No visible effects.

Then I restarted Arma again, deleted all saves of the mission, unsubscribed from all steam missions, triple-checked my launch settings, deleted the .pbo and tried to save the mission again with it's proper name. And once again, I only got the ugly xxxxxx.Altis instead of a custom text.

I opened a different mission on Altis, added a name in the intel section, saved it. It was fine and worked as it should. Then I tried to save the cursed mission again, no luck in changing it's name.

Lastly, I copied the folder with the mission and saved with a different folder name. It didn't help.

Am I correct that the displayed mission name is defined in mission.sqm in this part?

class Intel

{

briefingName="Mission name";

For some strange reason, the game still shows me the foldername.Altis, but only with this mission. What could it cause? Is it possible that the game generated an error in the mission.sqm and cannot read it now?

Btw. the mission works perfectly in the editor even with -showscripterrors and this whole issue appeared only now. It worked 5 days ago, when I saved the latest beta version. I only added a few sounds and some triggers since then.

Any help is welcome!

For some strange reason, the game still shows me the foldername.Altis, but only with this mission.

Where are you seeing this?

Is it possible that the game generated an error in the mission.sqm and cannot read it now?

No. While loading the mission in the editor, if there is an error in mission.sqm or description.ext, the mission will not load, the game will show you an error with the problem, and arma will close.

I am talking about the mission selection screen, the one that appears after clicking 'Scenarios' in the main menu.

mqdefault.jpg

I am experiencing the problem quite similar to the one on the image - no matter what I do, the mission doesn't seem to register that there is a name defined in the Intel (as the first mission on the image) and only seems to read the name of .pbo (as the 2nd, 3rd...).

Mission loading screen and all other screens are working perfectly.

Edit: I finally solved the problem. Clicking Intel and setting a name within the editor did nothing, so I read something about campaigns and addons. Finally I tried to add a new line to the description.ext file:

briefingName = "Mission name";

And it worked. At long last.

Edited by FeuerEXcz
solved!