Sign in to follow this  
LOzan

Turning Off Shadows for Specific Units

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anybody knew a way to have the game stop rendering the shadow of a single, specific unit. I need the shadows of all other units and objects to appear as usual. I looked through the community wiki and the forums and didn't turn up anything. Any ideas?

Uh oh, do you plan on letting vampires loose in ArmA3 ?

@BangaBob, thank you for the suggestion but enableSimulation "freezes" the unit in place, which isn't exactly helpful for my purposes. Any other ideas?

@Tajin, I don't want to give away too many spoliers but if I can figure out this shadow thing and a couple of other scripting kinks, there will definitely be a character unlike any I've seen in Arma before.

I've never come across a way to disable shadows through scripting, I don't know if shadows are a part of the objects config data or the actual game engine.

If it's a config option then you could change it I guess.

Disable shadow drawing by scripting is not possible. If you have your own character model then you will be ablle to do that.

Shadow drawing is decidet by the engine and the only way you can prevent it is, by using the "LODNoShadow = 1" on all of your LODs. If you don't apply it to all your lods the engine will use lods that don't have this parameter for drawing shadows.

This thread is also a good read about selfshadowing of a Object.

Edited by Lappihuan
wrong thread link