Sign in to follow this  
rtek

Unit Present + Radio Activation?

I was trying to get a trigger to have 2 conditions. Blufor present and Radio Alpha.

How can that be done with the ingame trigger?

If you have the trigger with the activation being Radio Alpha, in the condition field try:

this && {alive _x && {side _x == WEST}} count thisList >0

Unfortunately radio triggers don't return a list of any kind. Correct me if I'm wrong :p

Edited by Iceman77

Unfortunately radio triggers don't return a list of any kind. Correct me if I'm wrong :p

I figured a try was worth something :p, and I haven't messed much with multi-activational triggers (that sounded fancy...) but could you try to group/sync two separate triggers together (one for radio alpha, one for Blufor present), I have no idea if that would work, but I also have no idea how to get it to work if that doesn't :).

Since radio trigger's don't provide a proper list, we'll need to either simply count all of the west units that are close to the trigger OR we could count / create a list manually using nearestObjects and triggerArea . There's probably better ways and something I overlooked or didn't think about. Anyhow ->

- - - - - 1 Radio Alpha Trigger Method - - - - -

Name: radTrig

size: 50 x 50 >> Or w/e you want. Note: we'll only be using Axis A for our radius in the condition.

condition:

this && {{(alive _x) && {(side _x) == west && {_x distance radTrig <= ((triggerArea radTrig) select 0)}}} count allUnits > 0}

Alternate Condition:

this && {{(alive _x) && {(side _x) == west}} count (nearestObjects [radTrig, ["caManBase"], ((triggerArea radTrig) select 0)]) > 0}

onAct:

player sideChat "You've used the radio and blufor is present.";

- - - - - 2 Trigger Method - - - - -

< Radio Alpha Trigger >

Condition:

this

onAct:

radioUsed = true;

< Blufor Present Trigger >

Condition:

this && {radioUsed}

onAct: