Sign in to follow this  
Sari

Cant remove DAR missiles from Hellcat? Can someone confirm/deny using sample mission?

Am I missing something completely obvious here or have I come across a game bug? Been trying to rewrite an out of date script which involves removing certain weapons from vehicles and have been wondering why the hellcats DAR missiles weren't playing ball with said script. Eventually after scouring the config viewer and comparing the Hellcat to the Pawnee (which, as far as I can see, use the exact same setup as far as the DAR missiles are concerned), I made a really simple mission and was still unable to remove the Hellcats DAR missiles. At first I thought it may be my arma installation as I recently discovered I had some corrupted files and did a partial re-download, however I've just had a friend try and he reported the same behaviour.

Can someone please give it a quick look over and make sure its not something obvious that I've missed:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/70xoz0

repro steps:

Open mission in editor

Observe both placed helicopters have identical removeMagazine init lines (as they have identical missile magazines)

Preview

Observe Pawnee DOES NOT have DAR missiles

Hop into the adjacent Hellcat

Observe Hellcat DOES have DAR missiles

For reference:

Pawnee - "B_Heli_Light_01_armed_F"

Weapons - ["M134_minigun","missiles_DAR"]

Magazines- ["5000Rnd_762x51_Belt","24Rnd_missiles"]

Hellcat - "I_Heli_light_03_F"

Weapons - ["M134_minigun","missiles_DAR","CMFlareLauncher"]

Magazines - ["5000Rnd_762x51_Yellow_Belt","24Rnd_missiles","168Rnd_CMFlare_Chaff_Magazine"]

adding/substitutiong 'this removeweapon "missiles_DAR"' to the Hellcat also makes no difference.

Thanks

Ok cheers for that, looks like I have even more rewriting to do then.

Out of interest is this considered a bug then? Or is the Hellcat just set up in a different way somehow (ie do I post it to the tracker or not?)

I think it may be due to the fact that the Hellcat has the "spotting" camera, laser designation device for the co-pilot, but I speculate...

But yes, I would still consider it a bug.

One final question - are there any workarounds I can use for removeWeapon until they introduce removeWeaponTurret next patch?

removeWeaponTurret works in the current version. I don't use the dev version. You can't removeWeapon from vehicles as far as I know, you'll need to make an addon to do that.

yeah it's all about turrets

we have different versions of the littlebird in A2 that work like this

our AH6j - the pilot has all the weapons (all in one primary turret as it were)

our AH6m - has a targeting FLIR camera and laser designator in the copilot seat (primary turret), so he has the hellfires, and the pilot keeps the miniguns and hydras (becomes second turret), which all makes sense for best control etc

so when i add my cockpit rearm script to the choppers, and remove weapons and mags from the vehicles and turrets, and add them back:

the ah6j will remove everything and have the new kit on the pilot

the ah6m, with the defined copilot mainturret - the mags will remove from the pilot leaving the weapons red and 0 ammo. the weapons and ammo will remove from the copilot turret (as this is seen as primary) and ALL ADDED weapons and mags will be added to the copilot. this is fine but it does leave us with a red empty weapon in the pilot seat, so not ideal. we cannot add weapons and mags to both turrets.

A3 may be developing differently, but this has always been the engine logic.

You can't removeWeapon from vehicles as far as I know, you'll need to make an addon to do that.

It seems I was wrong, you might be interested in removeWeaponTurret and addWeaponTurret. I'm testing a few lines of code to see if there's an easy way to return the turret position, will edit if I figure it out.

I hate to necro an old thread, but I was messing around with the Hellcat, while trying to re-create the realistic version of the British Lynx Anti Tank helicopter.

I removed the DAR missiles and added the Scalpel ATGM to the loadout, through the use of TurretMagazines

I made the following observations:

1 - The vehicle has no radar - cannot detect targets. Not a big deal, but I wonder if this is realistic to the Lynx Anti-Tank

2 - When the weapon is assigned to the pilot (turret = -1) the pilot cannot LOCK on targets, unable to effectively employ the Anti Tank missile

3 - When the weapon is assigned to the gunner (turret = 0) the gunner can lock onto targets - AND use his independent thermal viewer to scan - very effective

4 - When the weapon is assigned to the gunner (turret = 0) the pilot cannot use manual fire

At the same time, I tried this with the AH-9 Hummingbird, in an attempt to re-create the OH-58D, with its Anti-Tank capability.

I added the Scalpel ATGM to the pilot (turret = -1) and everything worked. The Pilot was able to lock onto targets and employ the ATGM effectively.

Whats up with the Hellcat?

EDIT - I failed to mention that when the vehicle is operated solely by the AI it will operate as intended. The AI will employ the ATGMs effectively.

Edited by MikeAP