Sign in to follow this  
Albert Schweitzer

Tell us about your political attitude

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Col. Kurtz @ Sep. 17 2002,04:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">In Australia we are ruled by the Liberal party which actualy means Racist, G. Bush loving, Money making, poor hating party. They work for the rich and spit on the poor.<span id='postcolor'>

You sound like the Labour party of the '80s; they were out of government for 18 years, by the way.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Germany beer-consumer union<span id='postcolor'>

What is there to think about? wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ Sep. 17 2002,17:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Germany beer-consumer union<span id='postcolor'>

YEAH! there you go! tounge.gifbiggrin.gif

Ya, look at this party:

<span style='color:red'>U.S. Pacifist Party</span> - This tiny political party fielded a write-in candidate for President in 1996 -- and fielded a US Senate candidate in Colorado in 1998. The party opposes military actions in all circumstances and wants to transform the US military into "a non-violent defense and humanitarian service corps." The USPP platform advocates generally left-wing political stances and slashing the military budget to "zero." Staunchly opposed to nuclear weapons, the USPP believes that "unless nuclear weapons are deactivated, and nonviolent means developed to take the place of military violence for achieving justice and peace, civilization is doomed." The USPP again ran party founder Bradford Lyttle as a write-in Presidential candidate in 2000.

Or check out this one:

<span style='color:red'>Family Values Party</span> - This ultra-conservative, theocratic party seems to exist mainly to promote the frequent federal candidacies of party founder Tom Wells. Wells explained that God spoke directly to him in his bedroom on December 25, 1994 at 2:OO a.m. and "commanded him to start" the FVP. To be exact, Wells said God specifically told him to encourage people to stop paying taxes until the public funding of abortion ends. The FVP political platform is largely derived from religious fundamentalism, including many specific citations to Bible passages. The "party" seems to largely be an alter-ego of Wells.

These guys look like fun:

<span style='color:red'>Progressive Labor Party</span> - The PLP is a New York-based, militant, Stalinist-style communist party dedicated to bringing about a world-wide, armed, communist revolution. The PLP abhors democracy, elections, freedom of nearly any sort, capitalism and religion -- while praising dictator Joseph Stalin's Soviet Union as their role model. Because they denounce all elections as "frauds," the PLP vows to never field any candidates for public office (for these guys, its either armed victory or nothing at all). Lots and lots of online ideological articles written in the typical dogmatic communist style ... with titles like "The Hoax of the 1932-33 Ukraine Famine," "Fascism Grows In The Auto Industry," "The Road to Revolution." Articles in English, Spanish, Russian, German, etc

-=Die Alive=-

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Die Alive @ Sep. 17 2002,18:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ya, look at this party:

<span style='color:red'>U.S. Pacifist Party</span> - This tiny political party fielded a write-in candidate for President in 1996 -- and fielded a US Senate candidate in Colorado in 1998. The party opposes military actions in all circumstances and wants to transform the US military into "a non-violent defense and humanitarian service corps." The USPP platform advocates generally left-wing political stances and slashing the military budget to "zero." Staunchly opposed to nuclear weapons, the USPP believes that "unless nuclear weapons are deactivated, and nonviolent means developed to take the place of military violence for achieving justice and peace, civilization is doomed." The USPP again ran party founder Bradford Lyttle as a write-in Presidential candidate in 2000.

Or check out this one:

<span style='color:red'>Family Values Party</span> - This ultra-conservative, theocratic party seems to exist mainly to promote the frequent federal candidacies of party founder Tom Wells. Wells explained that God spoke directly to him in his bedroom on December 25, 1994 at 2:OO a.m. and "commanded him to start" the FVP. To be exact, Wells said God specifically told him to encourage people to stop paying taxes until the public funding of abortion ends. The FVP political platform is largely derived from religious fundamentalism, including many specific citations to Bible passages. The "party" seems to largely be an alter-ego of Wells.

These guys look like fun:

<span style='color:red'>Progressive Labor Party</span> - The PLP is a New York-based, militant, Stalinist-style communist party dedicated to bringing about a world-wide, armed, communist revolution. The PLP abhors democracy, elections, freedom of nearly any sort, capitalism and religion -- while praising dictator Joseph Stalin's Soviet Union as their role model. Because they denounce all elections as "frauds," the PLP vows to never field any candidates for public office (for these guys, its either armed victory or nothing at all). Lots and lots of online ideological articles written in the typical dogmatic communist style ... with titles like "The Hoax of the 1932-33 Ukraine Famine," "Fascism Grows In The Auto Industry," "The Road to Revolution." Articles in English, Spanish, Russian, German, etc

-=Die Alive=-<span id='postcolor'>

These people are morons. Can't they see that none of it will work? Or do you think these 'parties' act like clubs for like minded ninwits?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DayGlow @ Sep. 17 2002,02:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">bn880 Cretien is a very shrewed politicion, but he lacks total charactor. He's aragant and doesn't speak for me. Ops, his party misplaced over a billion dollars and under crimal investigation for giving it to it's supporters. That is wrong. He decided to go skiing instead of going to the King of Jordan's funeral. He didn't have time to go to ground zero for Bushe's speech. He insults the victims of a sensless crime by saying that the USA asked for it. Kryto is a failure. Did you know that if Canada stopped every car, plane, truck, train and boat it still won't meet the agreed level. We are responsible for less than 3% of the world's carbon monixide levels and the 2 largest polluters (China and Russia) don't have to follow the guildlines. It's just crazy. He said and was recorded and played back for him that he would get rid of the GST, then said he didn't say it. Claims to talk to homeless people and they say they like their life. For pure political reasons axed the replacement helicopters when he got in office and now our service people are dying in the Sea Kings that should have been retired 10 years ago. Strange how he never flys in them, but helicopters supplied by the USA. Need I go on? smile.gif

COLINMAN<span id='postcolor'>

Well ok, but he more less speaks for me, most of what you mention is not directly about him, but the party.

A crime is seldom truly senseless, although it is usually not fair.

Yea he lies about GST and other things during elections, just like the next minister will, it's what Canadians want from a politician to give him a vote, bunch of sugar coated bullshit. smile.gif

Face it, if a politician doesn't lie during elections, he will be laughed at as being a man without a vision and ambition. Never get elected.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sadico @ Sep. 17 2002,21:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hey look, nobody has voted extreme right yet!  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Well 'right wing' is popular (in the poll) and covers alot of different ideas and ideals depending on what you consider to be right wing and where you are from.

Yep. For example, the republicans from the USA are almost extreme right wing for me, and they see Denoir almost as a commie biggrin.gif

But i think it's funny that nobody here considers himself extreme right wing.

I happen to be right wing. A registered Republican and damn proud of it. Voted for George W. Bush, and damn proud of it.

I know this will get your goats, being a minority here.

Apparantly, anything right of center is considered extreme right wing to most of the people on this forum. So be it.

I'll take the two party system the United States has any day. With all it's faults, it's the best.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SirLoins @ Sep. 18 2002,00:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I happen to be right wing.  A registered Republican and damn proud of it.  Voted for George W. Bush, and damn proud of it.

I know this will get your goats, being a minority here.

Apparantly, anything right of center is considered extreme right wing to most of the people on this forum.  So be it.

I'll take the two party system the United States has any day.  With all it's faults, it's the best.<span id='postcolor'>

I am a conservative and also part of the right of centre minority on this forum. However I would never consider the American political system to be the best.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SirLoins @ Sep. 18 2002,00:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Voted for George W. Bush, and damn proud of it.<span id='postcolor'>

I wouldn't talk about it too loud about it on social occasions. It is on the same level as being proud that you have a venereal  disease tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'll take the two party system the United States has any day.  With all it's faults, it's the best.<span id='postcolor'>

The more parties you have, the broader is the spectrum of the population that you can can represent politically.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SirLoins @ Sep. 18 2002,00:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">which one would you consider the best?<span id='postcolor'>

The British system is better but the Swiss is best.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ Sep. 18 2002,00:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SirLoins @ Sep. 18 2002,00:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">which one would you consider the best?<span id='postcolor'>

The British system is better but the Swiss is best.<span id='postcolor'>

I have no beef with the British system, but the Swiss just sucks. They have referendums on all possible micro-decisions. This practically disables the politicians to make any long term decisions. Also, their political system is also to blame for the vast amount of really underdeveloped and poor parts in the country.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Sep. 18 2002,00:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ Sep. 18 2002,00:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SirLoins @ Sep. 18 2002,00:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">which one would you consider the best?<span id='postcolor'>

The British system is better but the Swiss is best.<span id='postcolor'>

I have no beef with the British system, but the Swiss just sucks. They have referendums on all possible micro-decisions. This practically disables the politicians to make any long term decisions. Also, their political system is also to blame for the vast amount of really underdeveloped and poor parts in the country.<span id='postcolor'>

I don't agree, I love direct democracy, 75% of major decisions are made in that way. That is more democratic even if it isn't easier. The Swiss system has brought the country massive prosperity nationwide.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ Sep. 18 2002,00:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I don't agree, I love direct democracy, 75% of major decisions are made in that way. That is more democratic even if it isn't easier. The Swiss system has brought the country massive prosperity nationwide.<span id='postcolor'>

What people fail to see is that democracy is not always applicable. You can't decide democratically if 2+2=4 or 2+2=5. Professinal politicians have a place in our society - at least with our current socio-political structure.

Democracy is the rule of the mediocre. For some things it is good, and for other not so good.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Sep. 18 2002,00:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ Sep. 18 2002,00:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I don't agree, I love direct democracy, 75% of major decisions are made in that way. That is more democratic even if it isn't easier. The Swiss system has brought the country massive prosperity nationwide.<span id='postcolor'>

What people fail to see is that democracy is not always applicable. You can't decide democratically if 2+2=4 or 2+2=5. Professinal politicians have a place in our society - at least with our current socio-political structure.

Democracy is the rule of the mediocre. For some things it is good, and for other not so good.<span id='postcolor'>

I agree, we elect politicians to govern, but on major issues I think the public should be given a direct vote, membership of the EU, the Euro, Capital punishment etc. should be put to the people.

wow.gif2--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ Sep. 18 2002,01wow.gif2)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Democracy is the rule of the mediocre. For some things it is good, and for other not so good.<span id='postcolor'>

Take the Euro for example. Do you really think that the average citizens know anything about the long term ramifications of the EMU? The politicians have serious professional economists to advise them on the issues.

Then elect the economists, because Im willing to bet the politicians know about as much about it as we do- its just that they have better smiles

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Sep. 18 2002,01:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ Sep. 18 2002,01<!--emo&wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Democracy is the rule of the mediocre. For some things it is good, and for other not so good.<span id='postcolor'>

Take the Euro for example. Do you really think that the average citizens know anything about the long term ramifications of the EMU? The politicians have serious professional economists to advise them on the issues.<span id='postcolor'>

You and I both know that the Euro has very little to do with economics and alot to do with politics.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> Posted: Sep. 18 2002,00:40    

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote (SirLoins @ Sep. 18 2002,00:25)

Voted for George W. Bush, and damn proud of it.

I wouldn't talk about it too loud about it on social occasions. It is on the same level as being proud that you have a venereal  disease

<span id='postcolor'>

Like I said " I VOTED FOR GEORGE W. BUSH AND I AM DAMN PROUD OF IT"

I will never be intimidated by other opinions of my president, nor will I change mine!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

I'll take the two party system the United States has any day.  With all it's faults, it's the best.

The more parties you have, the broader is the spectrum of the population that you can can represent politically.

<span id='postcolor'>

The two parties in the United States does indeed include a wide spectrum of ideas.  From the religous right to the Green Party.  The problem is depending which side your on you get lumped into either right or left.

I am right wing, but in no way include myself with for example, the white supremist.  Unfortunately, they are identified with my party.

I can't see, in my lifetime anything but a two party system in the US.

I actually voted for the Conservative party in the last election, but I am a 'small l' liberal. Then why did I vote for the Progressive Conservative party? Because in spite of my 'liberalism', their platform was far closer to what I would like to see from the politicians in Canada than the Liberals were.

SirLoins,

I might think Mr Bush has the intellect of a rutabaga, but I'll never denigrate you for believing in him. It takes courage to stand up for what you believe, even when there is a lot of people who disagree. Personally I think Colin Powell would make a far better president...but he's far enough down the list that you'd have to lose a good chunk of the senior politicians in the USA all at once for that to happen.... and I dont see that happening. Maybe in the next election. smile.gif

wow.gif4--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ Sep. 18 2002,02wow.gif4)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">but he's far enough down the list that you'd have to lose a good chunk of the senior politicians in the USA all at once for that to happen.... and I dont see that happening.  Maybe in the next election. smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

wow.gif  You're in on a terrorist plot to wipe out America's political leadership  wow.gif

Im gonna tell AG Ashcroft on you  tounge.gif