Sign in to follow this  
unacknowledged

Hosting Multiplayer

Hey BI Community,

In a bit of a trouble here. I have the Steam Version of ArmA II CO with all the DLC. Recently out of nowhere every time I tried to host my own game so friends could join, every time I used the "Internet" Option my complete game froze and it lagged my computer tremendously. But this has never happened before, only recently it started and I have made no changes to any game files or such, it has just appeared out of nowhere. I can host LAN just fine but all of a sudden the Internet option decides to just freeze everything.

Solutions I've tried:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Verifying the game cache.

Checking the load list.

Using Notepad++ to view my profile and see if their is any faults with ArmA loading.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

None of them seemed to work and found no faults. I don't intend on re-installing the game as that is not necessary so please do not post such a futile solution, i'm just looking for a way around this problem.

Thanks guys,

-UA

Hi, you do know about gamespy closing down correct?

Which means hosting internet based missions for friends wont work.

So coop isnt an option anymore?

I do know of this yes but even after it closed down I used to be able to host still, this is what I tried to explain in the beginning. The fact it only has stopped working a few days ago means it's another cause.

For Arma3 it dont work to host for coop, so assuming it should be the same for Arma2CO, i'm just pointing it out, but if it works then its news to me,

if its another cause which it sounds it might be then I would start with the rpt, and then do a scan of your computer to make sure you dont have any errors, or any issues.

Could it possibly be a steam issue? Idk

All i could possibly suggest is see if anyone especially on steam forums has the same issue.

For Arma3 it dont work to host for coop, so assuming it should be the same for Arma2CO, i'm just pointing it out, but if it works then its news to me,

if its another cause which it sounds it might be then I would start with the rpt, and then do a scan of your computer to make sure you dont have any errors, or any issues.

Could it possibly be a steam issue? Idk

All i could possibly suggest is see if anyone especially on steam forums has the same issue.

I had a GameSpy version of OFPMonitor that was still working up until a couple of days ago, then it stopped showing any servers. So something did change, but I don't know what.