Sign in to follow this  
b.a.verrecus

locality of AI vehicles

hey there,

last time my clan and me played a mission of mine we ran into some problems. i currently try to fix it and the only possible problem i found was locality (but i'm still not sure) and i don't really have an idea how to fix it. let me explain:

i have two helicopters waiting waiting at the airfield for all players to get in. they then fly along their waypoints, stop hovering over water and wait until the players eject and then fly back to base. the thing is, i tested these flights at least 30 times (yes i'm serious) in the editor, on a local dedicated server and on our clan dedicated server and everything always (!) worked perfectly fine. when we then played the mission one helicopter didn't fly in the defined height (the second helicopter did) and one helicopter crashed into some trees (when testing, the path was always at least 200 meters away from any obstacle).

now my question: do vehicles driven (or in this case flewn) by AI change locality when a player gets in as passenger and if so, could this be the cause of the problem? and if so, is there a way to somehow stop the locality from changing?

of course if anyone has another idea for that problem, it will be highly appreciated!

thanks in advance!

The way locality works, briefly, is that wherever the unit is spawned - that machine deals with that unit. So if those AI are on the dedicated server they should still be local to the server...