Sign in to follow this  
deathholme

Custom missoins not playable in server

In general its not that addon in particular, about all addons do that if you edit with an addon loaded it will create an addon dependency depending if it

automatically changes the game or if its new units, weapons, vehicles ect,. So unless you want a specific feature in a mission that an addon has like say

some added weapons then always edit with vanilla Arma3.

Always check the rpt first for an errors or issues, learn how to read it, look for things that dont make sense like your one issue where you had a mod folder in

a mod folder which prevent some mods from not working, then errors of files not being run while the mission required it, other errors are conflicting addons.

If you need any help in the future send me a pm, im always available to help where I can.

Thanks Gunter appreciate that i will do. I only ever use vanilla units and weapons when i am doing missions, but i always add a VAS so others can load up their custom gear. I have tried in the past loading up mod addons in mp but game will just kick back to stock missions so now i just add VAS.

---------- Post added at 15:52 ---------- Previous post was at 15:50 ----------

You rent a gameserver or a dedicated from your machine?

we rent a game server from (Game Servers Frag not Lag) which is a dedicated server. we had to do this because of game spy going down, its only 15 dollars a month so its cheap.

Ok, My buddy and I had rented a game servers since 2007 for a number of games but we have done RO,Arma1, arma2, and Arma2CO, and our latest was Arma3,

we had Gameservers before for RO and then we had Defcon for the rest, and Arma3 we had Fragnet I was admin for all the servers except our first one.

But future issues always check the RPT on the server and your startup parameter as well, lastly be sure the mods you have on your ftp are correct if you use any.

What i had done on the past was create multiple startup parameters that would have either vanilla game, or certain mods I wanted to use for certain missions, just a thought.

How many slots do you have for what your paying?

we have an 8 man server but only have a few at the moment as installing the mods like sound mods etc puts people off. When you say start up perameter? what do you mean? are you talking about configure and expansions? these are the mods we use. This is a quick video of me ( cursing lol) abd my mate playing a mission i did that is really meant for 4 people but we did it anyway.... i have it so you spawn where you fall, it has its draw backs in that you can get pinned pretty quickly but it also puts you right in the actions so no having to drive or walk from spawn point.

@cba_a3;@task_force_radio;@Virtual Ammobox System;@vts_weaponresting;@ASDG_JR;@trixie_britishweapons;@Blastcore-A3_R3;@SLTS_Baf_V2;@TFA;@HiddenIdentityPackV2;@fhq_accessories;@m107;@ARC_EUGP;@ASDG_Attachments;@JSRS2.2;@ASR_AI3;@tao_foldmap_a3;@STI;@mas;@Drift_NoFatigue;@lsd_nvg

Edited by gridd_66

When you say start up perameter? what do you mean?

Command line, target line, mod line, ect,. basically its what you start the server/game with like you do in sp.

example a startup parameter is -nosplash and or -mod= or -nointro see here https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma3:_Startup_Parameters

As for your video, i watched the whole thing looked like you guys had some fun there, against just Ai correct?

If you want something to make the AI not as accurate I have a code you can add to your init.sqf for your mission/s that will make the AI less accurate if your interested.

tbh idk if it works on a gameserver or a dedicated I haven't tried it when i had an Arma3 server but it works np in sp, and when you host missions through mp.

Sorry for the late reply just got in from work. yeah it was the AI we were against and they never seem to miss. mmm yeah mate ill have a look. Dose the entry go at the top of the init_ as i have other stuff in the init well just something that gets rid of long range radio pack.

---------- Post added at 17:34 ---------- Previous post was at 17:23 ----------

Oh quick question... I have noticed once when i tried to start a mission with bluefor/nato/@SLTS_Baf_V2 units but for some reason server does not like this, also is there a way to get the UK voices in game instead of American? Thanks. we have ts fightingforfun.co.uk if you are about anytime.

Dose the entry go at the top of the init_ as i have other stuff in the init well just something that gets rid of long range radio pack.

Yes should work anywhere, can you post your ini.sqf, maybe i can tell you where to put it.

Heres the code:

[] spawn 
{
while {true} do
	{
	sleep 10;

{
		_x setSkill ["aimingspeed", 0.1];
		_x setSkill ["spotdistance", 0.2];
		_x setSkill ["aimingaccuracy", 0.2];
		_x setSkill ["aimingshake", 0.1];
		_x setSkill ["spottime", 0.1];
		_x setSkill ["spotdistance", 0.5];
		_x setSkill ["commanding", 0.2];
		_x setSkill ["general", 0.5];
		} 
	forEach allUnits;
	}
};

This will reduce the AI accuracy of placed and spawned AI and will check every 10 sec for new AI that have been spawned.

I have noticed once when i tried to start a mission with bluefor/nato/@SLTS_Baf_V2 units but for some reason server does not like this

Should work, make sure you have all required files, and the mod folder setup correctly on your ftp.

also is there a way to get the UK voices in game instead of American?

Have no idea never used any voice changes in my missions, search the forum, im sure someone asked about it, and or has done it.

tf_no_auto_long_range_radio = true

[] spawn

{

while {true} do

{

sleep 10;

{

_x setSkill ["aimingspeed", 0.1];

_x setSkill ["spotdistance", 0.2];

_x setSkill ["aimingaccuracy", 0.2];

_x setSkill ["aimingshake", 0.1];

_x setSkill ["spottime", 0.1];

_x setSkill ["spotdistance", 0.5];

_x setSkill ["commanding", 0.2];

_x setSkill ["general", 0.5];

}

forEach allUnits;

}

};

Above is how my init_looks will try that thanks mate

hey that works ok thanks, Question you may know the answer to... at the moment in missions i use the hint ""; to add dialogue as if between our fire team and HQ. Is there a way of doing this so it comes up on screen like typed out in stead of little black box left hand side of screen. i have seen a few scenarios with this text appear middle of screen? Thanks :)