Sign in to follow this  
EveronVetsAgainstTheWar

Quick impressions& screenshot galore

how about the editor-names for the weapons and ammo ?

theavonlady: hope you like my UZI :-). I have shot few bullets from those guns and i really do like them :-) I prefered classic army version but this one is so cool :-)

Btw do you know that mrs. Uziel Gal, constructor of UZI  have "stolen" design of this weapon from czechs SMG Vz.23/24/25?

http://www.scifi.sk/Matrix/vz_25_a_24.jpg

http://www.scifi.sk/Matrix/vz_23.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Erex @ June 28 2002,16:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">theavonlady: hope you like my UZI :-). I have shot few bullets from those guns and i really do like them :-) I prefered classic army version but this one is so cool :-)

Btw do you know that mrs. Uziel Gal, constructor of UZI  have "stolen" design of this weapon from czechs SMG Vz.23/24/25?

http://www.scifi.sk/Matrix/vz_25_a_24.jpg

http://www.scifi.sk/Matrix/vz_23.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

Well, when I get mt copy of Resistance, I'll let you know. tounge.gif

Actually, from the pics it looks terrific. Pity you didn't make a non-silenced version at the same time. Seems like such a simple thing to do.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Btw do you know that mrs. Uziel Gal,<span id='postcolor'>

That would be "Mr." - not "Mrs.".

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">constructor of UZI have "stolen" design of this weapon from czechs SMG Vz.23/24/25?<span id='postcolor'>

Also mentioned at Encyclopedia Britannica

More info at History of the Uzi.

I'm a little sketchy on how the multiplayer handles this high detail scenery. Does whatever the server is set to get enforced on clients? What happens when one player has terrain detail on very high, and another has it on low?

Essentially, what stops one person from taking cover in a terrain bump that doesn't exist on another person's PC.

The view distance and terrain detail settings dont seem to do anything at multiplayer

The high detail terrain only takes effect in Singleplayer. If you have downloaded the 1.60 test, you will have noticed that the option to crank up the terrain detail is in the options screen, but it takes no effect in multiplayer. Problem solved smile.gif

placebo,

Thanks for keeping Satchel's post online! biggrin.gif Some of us have to wait so this will help to tide us over till it shows up! wink.gif

Is its just me, or do some parts of malden that used to be semi-flat look a little like a motocross track? I imageine that whould hinder large scale tank battles, but at the same time make them fun and hide-and-go seek like.

Hello.

This is my first post on the forum, and I have a little questions.

I have see on the OFP:R screen's the SKOT 2AP. Wher is it??

I havn't see it on the vechicle list??

P.S. Sorry for my english confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Forrestal @ June 29 2002,01:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hello.

This is my first post on the forum, and I have a little questions.

I have see on the OFP:R screen's the SKOT 2AP. Wher is it??

I havn't see it on the vechicle list??

P.S. Sorry for my english confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Hi,

i assume what you´ve seen was an inofficial addon, as the SKOT 2AP is not part of Resistance.

The new vehicles in OFP:R are;

- Helicopter V-80

- Civilian Bus

- Police Jeep

- Motorbike

New weapons:

- FN-FAL

- HK G3A4

- UZI

- Tokarev T33

- CZ75

- Skorpion Sa61

- Glock 17

- Beretta 92F

He ysatchel;, where can i find the FN-FAL and the HK G3A4, I just cant find them in the editor !!

Maybe you should release that apache of yours along with resitance... sounds like a good idea to me biggrin.gif

wow.gif7--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Gollum1 @ June 28 2002,15wow.gif7)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That´s MALDEN!? wow.gif  wow.gif

Satchel what CPU do you have?

I wonder how it will work with my 1 ghz, 256 mb ram, radeon 8500 system...I can´t have it on very high, I suppose confused.gif

Damn..I really should upgrade my system...and get OFPR!

tounge.gif

Thx for the pics.<span id='postcolor'>

1,2Ghz Duron, Geforce3 TI200, 384mb Ram.

Geforce3 TI200 using modified 28.32 detonator to enable  negative Lod bias.

On software level my system is tweaked to the tits, kept tidy and lean, i use Rivatuner to enhance image quality and cacheman for some Ram/Cache settings as well as Regcleaner to get rid of registry ballast.  

Before installing OFP:R i deinstalled OFP and defragged my gaming HDD partition, then reinstalled OFP -defragged, then OFP:R and another defrag.

Currently my addon folder is empty except the offical addons to conserve memory till i buy some new RAM sticks.

Driver setting the 3 "very high quality" screens were taken with:

*force 4x anisotropic filtering

*Lod bias -1,5

*FSAA off

*Vsync off

Benchmark result for my system in OFP:R preferences:

3510 (although indicated numbers not very reliable and vary with almost every test)

OFP:R preferences settings:

*Display Device: d3D HW T&L

*Resolution: 1024x768x32

*Max. Lights:32 (Additional lights all enabled)

*Cockpit textures: 1024x1024/ Object Textures:1024x1024/Landscape Textures:512x512/Special Effects: 512x512

*Auto drop-down:none

*Max Objects: 256

*Objects Lod: 0.005

*Shadows Lod: 0.005

OFP:R ingame option settings:

*Terrain Detail:very high

*Framerate: 10....20

*Visual Quality: 11...23

*Visibility:500

*HW T&L: enabled

*Multitexturing: enabled

*Object shadows: enabled

*Vehicle shadows: enabled

*Cloudlets: enabled

*Brightness: 1.8

*Gamma: 1.3

The framerate was acceptable with these settings, but note that no action was taking part on the map. For normal gaming i use the high detail setting but with everything else to max. possible image quality+ driver settings as described above, and it works very well with a view distance of about 1000-1500m, while it doesn´t look considerably inferior to the very high detail setting, it´s just a few bumps and details less from what i can tell.

The lower you go in terrain detail the flatter regular ground becomes, if you go higher more bumps and variety is thrown in. When taking the lowest setting it will look almost like our old OFP

Personally it is more important to me to have clear visuals across a large portion of the actual viewdistance, than to have an extreme far viewdistance but blurry images and less detail, those with "Supercomputers" might get both, but for the rest of us with medium to low range systems it´s either far viewing distance or high detail quality. I can quite take some fiddling around with some settings till you found the setup that suits you best.

There is however an issue with RAM, 348MB seems to be just minimum for the settings i run with, there are sometimes pauses ingame while virtual memory swapping occurs, happens often when terrain location changes in cutscenes like in the intro, also large audio portions can cause pauses and stutter.

Conclusion is that you can never have enough RAM for OFP:R, as a new RAM stick isn´t too expensive but the value rather great, it makes sense and doesn´t hurt to upgrade your system with another 256MB stick to a total of 512MB to minimize disk swapping.

Currently i´m in a OFP:R campaign mission called "First Strike"; lots of armored activity in there with about 8 armored vehicles + 2 optional with full crew loadout under your command (partially indirect) and an even greater number of russian vehicles.

It runs well from the technical aspect with above settings, if only the friendly AI wasn´t so dumb sad.gif; i layed a mine pattern along the enemys main axis of approach, just to have 3 of my own vehicles drive right into the minefield biggrin.gif.

I had also a mine go off while placing it next to my own vehicle (BMP) that was empty at that time, but that is another story about positive changes in OFP:R and old issues that still need improvement. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ June 28 2002,23<!--emo&wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The view distance and terrain detail settings dont seem to do anything at multiplayer<span id='postcolor'>

Hmm thats a bit dissapointing even if I can understand the unfair/fair aspect behind it. Isn't it possible for the mission designer to "hardcode" the view distance and the terrain detail on a multiplayer map?

I mean in OFP:R we have a very nice terrain engine with lots of bumps and dents that affect your tactics as an infantry soldier in a major way. IMHO it would be a vaste to not be able to have this added realism in multiplayer if all clients could handle the particular setting (just like setviewdistance XXXX).

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

Satchel, what about a sound? Is it brand new, improved or still old one? I’m personally wanted to see your add-on as official sound upgrade.

The sound in OFP resistance is completly new, well for some guns like Ak47 and M16 , they sound really great. I dont think they changed ALL The sounds but anyway they did a GREAT job smile.gif.

BTW where can I find the HK G3 and the FN FAL ?

Great job BIS !

Played yesterday evening and a good part of the night sad.gif

The island is just amazing, gfx are really really nice and that makes a world of difference when playing. Some locations are very cool on the island in fact almost all locations are.

Few things.

I too had random crashes. I uninstalled EVERYTHING from OFP reinstalled again and didn t crash since then. I didn t put all my addon back in though.

Where can i find the names of the new weapons to use in editor ?

Only 4 new vehicles confused.gif They are all great, but i had expected a little more.

AI seems to find his way better then before. Took a island bus tour with only 4 !! waypoints, and he did it right biggrin.gif

Muzzle Flash bug is still in sad.gif Or does that have nothing to do with new version and more with O2 ? Dunno, i m no modder.

But the thing i m most impressed with. New netcode !!!! It s great !!! I have cable and i tested with a friend who had 56K his ping sometimes rose well over 2-300 and when loading the mission sometimes 800+. I have NOT have any considarable lag or slowdowns and we were flying choppers over map, also pilot/gunner or in same bus etc .... NO serious lag at all ! GREAT JOB ! I can t say i had many vehicles on the map or AI but just to be in the same vhcl as other player made OFP lag hell and that seems to be gone.

And for those who haven t got it yet. Almost all pics i saw online don t come anywhere near the quality of the gfx of ofp !

I use High detail with viewdis. 500. and it already looks very impressive AND fluid !

BTW coooool location ( factory ) SW of map, making my first CTF on resistance there tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> Took a island bus tour with only 4 !! waypoints, and he did it right

<span id='postcolor'>

And on your right you see a lovely town. On your left... biggrin.gif

well there's one thing that really puzzles me... where's the Colt m1911? I thought the Beretta 92 and glock were only used after 1990 or so, and OFP:R takes place BEFORE 1985 so they'd seem a little out of place...

Yes then a crazed policeman pulls up along side the bus and says "keep above 50mph or the bus will explode" biggrin.giftounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (AntiPasta @ June 29 2002,10:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">well there's one thing that really puzzles me... where's the Colt m1911? I thought the Beretta 92 and glock were only used after 1990 or so, and OFP:R takes place BEFORE 1985 so they'd seem a little out of place...<span id='postcolor'>

Hopefully with pistols now ingame, enterprising modders will create some new addons: Colt 1911, Makarov, and the inevitable Desert eagle .50.

So, how does the new firing stance look in resistance with a pistol: all new, or just like with a rifle?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ June 29 2002,10:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So, how does the new firing stance look in resistance with a pistol: all new, or just like with a rifle?<span id='postcolor'>

All new

Kinda weird, but all new.

BTW i need ingame names of weapons !!!!!! ANYBODY ??

( the new ones ofcourse )

Although I do not know if this was mentioned earlier in the topic, but I shall post it now incase it hasn't. I have an SB Sound Live! Value, I get crackling all the time with the speakers, however, I found a temporary fix. Ingame, switch between 3rd person and 1st person views, it shall fix. Sorry if this was mentioned earlier..

Statchel or anyone else...

With the graphics and stuff set to high will my computer be fine running them smooth?

I have...

Pentium lll, 1.6ghz, 256mbRAM, Elsa Gladiac 920 GeForce 3 card.