Sign in to follow this  
Airwolf

Transparent .PAA for SquadXML Help

Hi, I am trying to create a squadxml logo. I designed it in Photoshop and have tried saving as TGA and PNG. Then converted to PAA via TexView2 from the BI Tools 2.5 pack. Have tried with and without alpha channel, but it still shows with a white background in game. Using Photoshop CC 2014. Help?

Thank you,

Create another layer and delete the Background Layer, save as PNG or TGA and it should do the trick.

Yeah, it is a transparent image. But when I load it in game, the background is white.

Maybe because I'm tired... no, open up your image okay? Select the Background Layer and Add a new layer. Once you create the new layer DELETE the Background Layer, and you'll see a checkerboard pattern right? Save the file as a PSD for future use but Save As a .png (it's what I prefer) and then open it in TexView 2 As Is and save it as a .paa. At this point you should see your logo and a clear area around it, not a white background to it. Verify in-game and you should be good to go.

Yeah, it is a transparent image. But when I load it in game, the background is white.

only two layers !!!!!! one with your artwork another one empty transparent !!!! and export in png! don't export if you have several layer