Sign in to follow this  
kremator

50% off this weekend ... question regarding Steam and 2 copies

Well even though I am a supporter I want to buy another copy of Arma3 for 2 reasons. 1) My daughter will be able to play with me (yeah more girls in gaming, +1 gamer to the Armaverse!) 2) Trying out HC finally on my server machine.

I have a question that some people may know. On both the machine I am using AND my server machine (the one my daughter uses) we share the same Steam account, for ease. Now when I buy this new copy, does it make sense to purchase on MY steam account or create a new Steam account for her?

I don't know if Arma3 copies are directly linked to Steam accounts. Any help will be appreciated.

I had a similar dillema, buy it on bistudio store, have her log in ON YOUR bistudio account, and go to "my games", click on arma 3 and hit redeem, then have her log in with HER steam account, then it gives the game to her steam account (just assigns game to her account really, dont worry it wont break your forums account link with steam stuff)

Worked for me fine, my friend has the game now

Anyway I assume you should just make her an account or something, but you can have 2 arma 3 games on the same bistudio account, and on 2 steam accounts (1 for you and 1 for her)

i hope this helps you

You won't be able to buy it to your current steam account anyway, steam won't let you. But you can still make the purchase, keep it as a gift and then give it to your daughter. There will be problems if you two are using the same account. Also I don't know how HC works, but your daughter might not be able to play on he account if HC need steam running like normal client.

I dont think you can buy more than one copy per steam account, it will come up and say you already own it I think. Why not create an account for her and manage it, if you use family share then you can still do this when you need to. I have accounts for both my sons and buy games for them when appropriate, then can also use some of my library when I let them.

(Post above beat me to it :) )

On bistudio store it says the dont give gift copies if you already own, you can just do the method i posted , it works

(Post above beat me to it :) )

I guess this will fit then:

@Kremator

You can easily run 2 instances of arma on the same machine, should be no problem to run it multiple times on multiple machines in your own LAN.

Just run it twice (using the local .exe instead of steam to launch the game).

I frequently do this to test MP missions, afaik you don't even have to run it in windowed mode or disconnected from the internet.

For that it's not necessary to buy another copy of arma3.

Cheers

Thanks for all the info guys. I'll set her up her own Steam account then. Even MORE impressive, I've been working on my brother to buy Arma for TEN YEARS .... he's finally relented and bought it in this sale. Phew what a task!