Sign in to follow this  
kakadk

[Help] How to host a server with addons ( Client not required addons ) ?

Like the title, i want to host a server by my mission with some addons i used to create mission ( @dar_hmmwv, @slatts_scar ). I tried to copy "bikey" file to keys folder but when client ( don't have that addon, and i don't want to required ) connect to my host, they will be push back to chose host. Cause i have seen in few server not required addons but they have some new system, texture like Altis life, King of the Hill, or some other.

So please, anybody help me this trouble. I'm creating "Generation Kill" campaign mission like the movie but im stuck right here.

Thanks first !!!

Are the mods installed on the server? Is your mission a multiplayer mission?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Are the mods installed on the server? Is your mission a multiplayer mission?

Yes, bro. My PC running server and already have mods. And my mission is a MP Co-op mission !

Those joining your hosted server always require any addons, or mods the mission is using.

I though so but some server i have seen not required mod and i still have stamina bar, heath point, etc...

Those things are probably scripted into the mission itself rather than being an addon. Certainly anything that adds content requires both client and server to have it loaded ie: guns, tanks, units, etc.

Those things are probably scripted into the mission itself rather than being an addon. Certainly anything that adds content requires both client and server to have it loaded ie: guns, tanks, units, etc.

So anyway to add a new car into my mission without required addons, bro ? :(

If it is a re-texture of an existing car model already in the game then yes you can do that (I don't know how myself but it has been done). If you are adding a new car (model) ie: Ferrari then no all clients + server will need the mod.