Sign in to follow this  
InqWiper

I went to the stores to they for one big ..

We need to start a supportgroup for everyone who cant keep still, I know I need it smile.gif

This is even worse torture then cristmas was when U were about 8 years old!

well the worst thing was that it was storming while i was driving to the city on my bike. but when i found out they didnt have it i could almost cry, al that hard work for nothing but air. sad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gif

So I went to three shopes here in British Columbia, Canada:

Me: Hi there, I would like Operation Flashpoint: Resistance

Clerk: Huh? Wozzat?

Me: The expansion for Operation Flashpoint.

Clerk: Hum. (looks in computer) We dont have it.

Me: When will you have it?

Clerk: No idea, sorry.

Me: Can I get a copy of Neverwinter Nights then?

Clerk: Sorry, sold out till next wednesday.

Me: AUGH

biggrin.gif

Gonna buy it today (hopefully), and i have Neverwinter Nights on order get it tuesday, it will probably lie there for 6 months unopened though hehe too busy playin Resistance biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ June 29 2002,02:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So I went to three shopes here in British Columbia, Canada:

Me:  Hi there, I would like Operation Flashpoint: Resistance

Clerk: Huh? Wozzat?

Me: The expansion for Operation Flashpoint.

Clerk: Hum. (looks in computer) We dont have it.

Me: When will you have it?

Clerk: No idea, sorry.

Me: Can I get a copy of Neverwinter Nights then?

Clerk: Sorry, sold out till next wednesday.

Me: AUGH

biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

that's pretty much what guys at compusa said... tounge.gif

My conversation with Best Buy salesperson on phone:

Me: Hi, do you guys have a computer game called Operation Flashpoint: Resistance?

Her: Uhh, what?

Me: Op-er-ation Flash-point COLON Resist-ance

Her: Um, let me check... uh, no, are you sure youre not looking for Ghost Recon?

Me: AAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*click*

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ June 29 2002,05:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">My conversation with Best Buy salesperson on phone:

Me: Hi, do you guys have a computer game called Operation Flashpoint: Resistance?

Her: Um, let me check... uh, no, are you sure youre not looking for Ghost Recon?

*click*<span id='postcolor'>

LOL..shows you what a small (but dedicated) community we are. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ June 28 2002,10:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">My conversation with Best Buy salesperson on phone:

*click*<span id='postcolor'>

LMAO, exactly, no one where i live knows what it is

only if codemasters would advertise more..........

Codemasters have REALLY let down BIS. I don't know why BIS still sticks with them. With a little more advertising/marketing, OPF would have been so much more sucessful.

mad.gif

And also us Aussies would get OPFR on the 28th aswell if they distributed it properly.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MAsta_KFC @ June 29 2002,06:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Codemasters have REALLY let down BIS. I don't know why BIS still sticks with them. With a little more advertising/marketing, OPF would have been so much more sucessful.

mad.gif

And also us Aussies would get OPFR on the 28th aswell if they distributed it properly.<span id='postcolor'>

What other publisher do u want. EA. tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MAsta_KFC @ June 28 2002,11:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Codemasters have REALLY let down BIS. I don't know why BIS still sticks with them. With a little more advertising/marketing, OPF would have been so much more sucessful.

mad.gif

And also us Aussies would get OPFR on the 28th aswell if they distributed it properly.<span id='postcolor'>

codemasters is trying to make bis go out of business, so they can ofp to themselves.

its a conspiracy tounge.gif

my compter hating brother was telling me how cool ghost recon is before hes even seen it ive had ofp for a year and he has only just realised he never even heard of it. I found out about ofp by a fluke other wise it would have been just another box on the shelf.

And I swear to God, she actually asked if I was sure I wasnt looking for Ghost Recon. LOL, its like UbiSoft has paid distributors off to be biased against OFP

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ June 29 2002,07:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">LOL, its like UbiSoft has paid distributors off to be biased against OFP<span id='postcolor'>

i won't be surprised. tounge.gif

I'm in the Netherlands too. It should come out in the benelux today, or so I have been told by Aldega. confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RedStorm @ June 29 2002,07:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm in the Netherlands too. It should come out in the benelux today, or so I have been told by Aldega. confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Me too, gonna try it again today but I don't expect anything. confused.gif

Yeah guys same here. I've been to every major shop in Brussels and still no one has it or even knows about it! This sucks big time. confused.gif

Damnit, it's in every European country except for the Benelux and Scandinavia mad.gif . This really utterly sucks. mad.gif

I was reading all these miserable little stories yesterday afternoon, and just trundled on down to HMV and there it was, all surreal and in material form etc

Sometimes it's actually good to live in the UK smile.gif

Damn!

No resistance in Sweden either...

In a big shop in Sweden, they just said that they were waiting for the distributor to send them some copies of the game.

But on their website it stands that ofp:r should be released yesterday.

So i dont think that it's the shops fault, it is codemasters that never sends some copies in time. It can take a month longer for the games to be distributed if the games aren't scandinavian.

Thats bad sad.gif

It'll be released around 2nd of jult...count on it...damn Codemasters. Why do they say Resistance released in europe while it should say. "we, as the dumbasses we are, only released it in two European countries. The rest should just fucking wait"? This really sucks. mad.gif  mad.gif  mad.gif  mad.gif

EDIT: So please update your news section BIS, it gives a lot of people false hope... mad.gif