Sign in to follow this  
anusmangler

dedicated sever global time change.

Ive been working on a mission that would be more awesome if the players could "sleep" in a tent. Now I seen in VR Arsenal that there is a back pack with a tent in it for a mobile spawn point..... 1 does anyone know how or does that pack back work at all. 2 I have the script now that makes units "sleep" but on a sever when I "sleep" the other players see no time pass, meaning that if I sleep 4 hours and its night time now the other players are still seeing daytime. Anyone ever come up with a script like that for time to work on a sever? Kinda suck on the MP scripting thing. THANK YOU 100000000000000000000000000 times if you can point me in the right direction!!!!!

UPDATE: Tested backpack, no success. Placed respawn_west as marker on map (like normal) then placed grenades and equip myself with the backpack. Tested marker spawn point by blowing myself up...it worked...once respawned I took pack and assembled the tent a notification popped up saying "New infantry spawn point" then ran away 100 meters blew myself up again....however I spawned at the marker spawn point not the tent. So Iam unsure of the the pack even working at all. Maybe someone out there has tested it before? Id rather have the tent not be hooked to the marker spawn point for the fact that if the tent is destroyed for any reason I dont want the original spawn point destroyed there for no one can respawn if they die. Unless Im misunderstanding.

Edited by Anusmangler

So, when using respawn type "BASE" you will be respawned at a randomly chosen respawn point for your side. However, there is also a respawn template that allows you to select which point you spawn at:

respawnTemplates[] = {"MenuPosition"};

As for changing the current time, well you need to run the command on the server and it will be synced to all clients.

Could you give me an example of the time change suggestion? and would I just add the "respawnTemplates[] = {"MenuPosition"};" to the description?

The next patch will contain new command: setTimeMultiplier

Maybe it is an easier way to skip time in MP...

Edited by Buliwyf

would I just add the "respawnTemplates[] = {"MenuPosition"};" to the description?

Correct. As for an example, that kind of depends on how you have the sleep mechanic of your mission set up. What you could do is take a look at the curator module skipTime and deconstruct how it works :)