Sign in to follow this  
Alwarren

CfgWeapons: Precedence of magazines?

Hi all.

Maybe someone can help me out with this one. I have a machine gun (the L110) that can take both belts as well as standard STANAG ammo. The config lists the belts first, then the normal STANAG.Still, when I take it out of the crate, or when I reload the weapon, it ALWAYS takes the 30 Round Stanags before loading any of the others. Which, plainly, I don't understand.

Anyone can shed some light on this? How is the order of precedence determined, if not by the order in the config.cpp?

Have you tried swapping the order in the config? It could as well be that the last one is prioritized.

Or its the order at which they are defined in cfgmagazines

Have you tried swapping the order in the config? It could as well be that the last one is prioritized.

Or its the order at which they are defined in cfgmagazines

Yeah, tried that too. No matter what the order, it prefers the 30 Rnd STANAGs. I tried playing around with the "value" in CfgMagazines, but that doesn't seem to do anything either.

did you confirm the order being in affect via the config browser?

;2751630']did you confirm the order being in affect via the config browser?

You mean in the CfgMagazines' date=' or in the "magazines[']=" ? In CfgMagazines, I believe the config browser sorts alphabetically. I haven't checked the magazines[] order in the config browser, though, I'll try that but I am quite sure that it correctly updated the addon.

my general point is you need to verify either ingame or via config memory dump that your change has actually been applied as desired :)

Okay, so weirdly enough, what I did was make my own STANG magazines (previously, they were derived from the in-game STANAGs). Now all of a sudden it works as expected, and the weapon prefers the 200 belts. There must be something in the in-game STANAGs that makes them be preferred...

Hmm, maybe I should try to make them compatible with the A3 stanags and see what happens...

---------- Post added at 18:10 ---------- Previous post was at 17:39 ----------

Still prefers the 200 Rnd magazines... I'm clueless, but at least the current setup is how I want it.

Oh yeah, BIS, can we get magazine proxies? It's weird to have a 30 Round STANG in your machine gun while it shows a 200 Round belt.

Thanks for the feedback, guys :)