Sign in to follow this  
twan

How to Transfer Retail ArmA 2: CO to Steam without downloading 15 GB

Hello ladies and gentlemen

I have ArmA 2: CO retail installed and want to play online, so I need to transfer it to Steam, but I don't have a great internet and would rather find some way to transfer it to some folder in Steam or something since I already have the whole game installed.

I tried simply selecting everything in my ArmA 2 folder (addons folder, readme's, all that), and transferring it into the Steamapps/Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead folder, then deleted local files and tried to install it again, but it still wants to download over 6 GB of data, so clearly that didn't work.

I don't really know anything about Steam, I only use it when I have to, for example, Red Orchestra and Wargame. So how can I not download the whole game? There has to be a way since I have all the files? Also, how do mods work on Steam, I'm totally lost on that. Do I just have to change the shortcut to "..........steamdirectory/whatever/Arma2OA -mod=@modname"?

Oh and I noticed that there is no "ArmA 2: CO" on Steam, just separate ArmA 2 and OA, do I have to do something to combine these into CO?

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

when you launch OA in Steam, if you have a previously installed Arma 2 Steam version, OA will detect it, enabling CO. but this is the least of your concerns, buddy. currently the Steam version is fucked up in so many ways, you'll be tearing your hair out

when you launch OA in Steam, if you have a previously installed Arma 2 Steam version, OA will detect it, enabling CO. but this is the least of your concerns, buddy. currently the Steam version is fucked up in so many ways, you'll be tearing your hair out

Well this is looking pretty depressing at the moment then...

when you launch OA in Steam, if you have a previously installed Arma 2 Steam version, OA will detect it, enabling CO.

He said "retail" which means ( see the grammar expert) he bought it and did not steal it. More precisely I think he means he has the game on DVD.

I will soon get a new PC. And then I will install ARMA 3 from a DVD. I have to use steam to register it. As I understand it, the default for STEAM is that I will have to download ARMA3 from Steam and I don't want to do that.

I have done a Google search and many people have the same problem with these games and other games. There is a way to stop the download but I don't have STEAM so I can not confirm that it works.

He said "retail" which means ( see the grammar expert) he bought it and did not steal it. More precisely I think he means he has the game on DVD.

I will soon get a new PC. And then I will install ARMA 3 from a DVD. I have to use steam to register it. As I understand it, the default for STEAM is that I will have to download ARMA3 from Steam and I don't want to do that.

I have done a Google search and many people have the same problem with these games and other games. There is a way to stop the download but I don't have STEAM so I can not confirm that it works.

Right I should have said DVD

Anyway thanks guys for the reply, would have been nice if they provided a guide or something for this, instead of just adding the game to Steam and being forced to download it