Sign in to follow this  
Sroty

Multiplayer freeze

Hi all. Have a strange problem. When playing MP session the game always freeze. It has the same symmptoms any time. The HDD starts grabbing data, FPS goes down and all textures and models are messed up (viz screenshot). After it the HDD still grabbing data but the game not responding. Arma 3 SP works fine. This problem only appears in MP. It always happens, but happens faster if there are locations with many objects or big firefight. Especially in Altis life in car on the route (viz screen). I tested it - tried spend some time on a boat and everything was fine. No freeze. When i reached the land, it freezed again. It takes 15 - 30 minutes to freeze depends on environment I play in. Could it be the RAM problem (I have 3 GB)? Task manager shows 90% RAM usage. Page file is set on 3070 MB. CPU usage is 50-60%. Any other game caused no problem.

Here is my spec:

- Core 2 Duo E8200 3.0GHz

- Nvidia 550Ti 1GB RAM

- 3 GB RAM

- WD Black 1TB

- Win7 pro 32b

arma3_bug.jpg

You should consider investing in some new RAM, 3GB is very low.

When you say that TM shows 90% RAM usage, I assume you mean overall, not just ArmA. How much is ARMA using, and are there any other programs (especially in the background) that might be causing issues?

And how much remaining space do you have on your HDD? Is your HDD making a lot of noise? Clicks and the like?

Thanks for answer. HDD makes a lot of noise (but its normal behaviour of WD Black) and activity during the game. Arma takes 1.8 GB of Ram. I have 70 GB free on system particion C: Arma is instaled on data particion D: - there is more than 500 GB free. I have relatively old computer, DDR2 only, but hadn't problem until now. I'll try some system tweaks and keep you posted.

---------- Post added at 11:06 ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 ----------

Downloaded O&O CleverCashe for monitoring the RAM usage. The game crashed again. The memory usage was 70% viz screenshot. Textures and models messed up again. Could it be VGA memory problem or any FSB problem?

Arma_3_memory.jpg

Edited by Sroty

Are you overclocking? Try default clocks. I notice you are running 32-bit OS. Buying more memory won't help, 32 bit OS can only recognize 3.5 gigs or something.

Hows your temperatures?

What graphics settings are you running? Turning them up requires more than 1 gig GPU ram. Try Low or Standard, see if it helps.

I have tested CPU and GPU temperatures. Both are normal. CPU is overlocked from 2.66 to 3.0 Ghz. I bouhgt win 7 64 bit and 1GB RAM more. Will go fresh instal and try run Arma 3 after it.

Hi

I'm trying to create my own thread for a slightly similar problem alongside others and can't find how to post a new thread. Is there something i'm missing?

Emailed BI support and haven't heard back in around a week.... any help would be appreciated.

I have frequent freezes during Mp. sometimes within 30-40 minutes as i've seen elsewhere, sometimes upon load-in to SC based maps. I had no problem until recently and can't remember installing any software in that time/drivers etc...

Recently, I've been getting crashes at load-in also (once team selected and loading player). During these crashes, nothing can be done (alt tab / alt f4). Taskmanager gets me there, and the mouse is still stuck i nthe background until mouse over window. At that point, opening task manager shows as well as notification arma3.exe has stopped working.

specs:

NVidia GF670 GTX driver ver 340.52

i7 -3770K @ 3.5GHz

16GB ram (bit overboard but cheap sale) can check the make but it's running in dual channel 2x8.

Win 7 x64

The major difference I have to OP's experience is that my textures hold integrity for the most part. Though i do occasionally get flickers more noticeable at night where the entire ambient light seems to jump in / out, haven't noticed textures degrading prior to my crashes.

Edited by Captain_Crunch
my textures don't fail noticeably before crash

@Sroty, the issue is your RAM. Upgrade. 3Gb might seem like enough, but you are not just running Arma. You are also running the entirety of Windows as well. Go buy some different RAM and consult a friend who is tech savy if you have questions about what type of RAM to buy for your system. Or find a good specialty computer store around you that have competent employees. I recommend at least 8Gb of RAM for any system running Windows and intends to play games.

@Captain Crunch, if it says 'Arma has stopped working' and gives you options to wait or close program, just dont click anything. It will return back to game if you give it time. You can minimize this issue by using the '-malloc=system' launch option.