Sign in to follow this  
1para{god-father}

Help with Object

Ahhh thanks found it :)

Have a slight issue and that is any idea what the config should ? , because if I use that main one and movefolder with that it will pull in everything else, and i only need that object. just that model.

have it in game but unable to use the ladder :(

MoveFolder is the more sophisticated successor to MoveObject, and - though it's not immediately obvious, the "old" MoveFolder-style model-moving capability is still there...

If you only want to "MoveFolder" that one object then....

Go to Ca\Buildings and "copy" your Vez.p3d model

Navigate to the new location where you want it to live

Run MoveFolder, use the Second Button on the left side "Destination" - point it at that new location where you just put Vez.p3d

Press the "Crunch from p3d Content" button

This Mode ignores the config completely, so its handy for models which don't have configs, like plants, etc. Because of that, you'll need to repath the config yourself, but since you'll need to rewrite/make a new config for Vez anyway to get ladders working, etc...

B

thanks , that's the bit I am stuck on the config for the ladders as i have no idea, any help would be most appreciated for the config for that object :)

Do you have the main config written?

Ladders are fairly simple they are named memory points in the memory lod of the object. Usually Start1 and End1. One point for get on and one point for get off.

In the main config this is the code you would use.

Ladders[]= {{"start1","end1"}};

M1lkman, could you elaborate your answer a bit more?

Let's say in this folder for the custom objects there's both the Vez and the A2 hotel, HouseB_tenements for example. They have both been run with MoveFolder so all files should be there.

But how would a config for those two look? They are in the same folder, with subfolders like "data".

I don't get what's needed and what's not in the config.cpp for these buildings. And I don't get where to put that line with ladders :)

Ok. I'll Write up a detailed tutorial tonight then. I'll use the vez as an example and one of the smaller buildings I've done with doors as well as that houseblock that's non enterable to give a few good examples.

ok I did the vez for you as well as all the configs and wrote up some explanations in each config. and edited the model to use a3 things like penetration and surfaces.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pwiwv6knlnv022u/AAC5n86c1qBElTnUnNPkbjrGa

also check out the a3 sample stuff in the a3 tool directory. those are pretty helpful as well

edit-

heres a video to go along with that structure. hopefully it helps. if so I can do another more advanced structure later

Edited by M1lkm8n

Very much appreciated, M1lk! Thanks a lot. Having gone through my +100 objects now in OB, so MoveFolder would come after changing the stuff to the models in OB themselves right?

No. Use movefolder first to the directory you want your models in. Then after it's finished you can path any surface texture or penetration rvmat to its a3 equivalent and remove those from you pbo folder.

So in short:

- Move Mlod model p3d's to my custom object folder

- Run MoveFolder first by "Crunch from p3d content"

- Run MoveFolder then with "Crunch from config" and select original CA config.cpp's from both A2/CA and A2AO/CA

- Edit models and redirect penetration and surface textures to A3 content

- Change something in the new custom object folder Config.cpp

- Binarize the folder with PboProject

Missing anything? Basically by doing the models first and then MoveFolder ment I just wasted 6 hours of work now. But ohh well that's part of my A3 terrain making already :)

No I don't think editing the models beforehand will effect it unless the path to the texture isn't there. But I would run movefolder first. Actually I was thinking tonight I'll do a more in depth start to finish series of tutorials. May be more helpful I think.

If you got the time for it, please do, as I think a lot of my confusion is from whether or not procedures from A2 era still works now. It's difficult enough to figure out how to get it to work with A3 only, but the cross over with A2 makes me confused... a lot :)

No I don't think editing the models beforehand will effect it unless the path to the texture isn't there. But I would run movefolder first. Actually I was thinking tonight I'll do a more in depth start to finish series of tutorials. May be more helpful I think.

+1 for this as well :)

Do I need to remove this line from the config:

requiredAddons[] = {"CAStructures_E"}; 

?

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
//DeRap: Produced from mikero's Dos Tools Dll version 4.55
//Fri Jul 25 20:35:11 2014 : Source 'file' date Fri Jul 25 20:35:11 2014
//http://dev-heaven.net/projects/list_files/mikero-pbodll
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

#define _ARMA_

//ndefs=8
enum {
destructengine = 2,
destructdefault = 6,
destructwreck = 7,
destructtree = 3,
destructtent = 4,
destructno = 0,
destructman = 5,
destructbuilding = 1
};

//Class P:\god_various\house1\config.bin{
class CfgPatches
{
class CAStructures_E_HouseL
{
	units[] = {"Land_House_L_1_EP1","Land_House_L_3_EP1","Land_House_L_3_dam_EP1","Land_House_L_4_EP1","Land_House_L_4_dam_EP1","Land_House_L_6_EP1","Land_House_L_6_dam_EP1","Land_House_L_7_EP1","Land_House_L_7_dam_EP1","Land_House_L_8_EP1","Land_House_L_8_dam_EP1","Land_House_L_9_EP1","Land_House_L_1_ruins_EP1","Land_House_L_3_ruins_EP1","Land_House_L_4_ruins_EP1","Land_House_L_6_ruins_EP1","Land_House_L_7_ruins_EP1","Land_House_L_8_ruins_EP1","Land_House_L_9_ruins_EP1"};
	weapons[] = {};
	requiredVersion = 0.1;
	requiredAddons[] = {"CAStructures_E"};
	magazines[] = {};
	ammo[] = {};
};
};
class CfgVehicles

Yes. More than likey you want to use A3_Structures_F I think it is