Sign in to follow this  
mithrandir

Min sys req. to use the new grapic

Hi I just bought the rest. addon!

I'm a little dissapointed...On the box it is mentioned that minumum sys.requirent is equalent to the original OFP game!

(damn codemasters)

It doesnt say nothing about recomended sys. requiremnts!

What system is required to be able to take adavantage of the new grapichal enhancement?

I have to set the grahics at: low! Otherwise it crawles.

My system:

P3 1000

RAM 256

GFORCE 2 MX 400

OFP Benchmark 1658

On german pack there is also a recommended configuration.

Most important to run higher ground detail is RAM, 256MB is minimum, I have seen that Resistance needs about 180MB if Nogova is loaded on low details and more then 400MB with very high detail.

You need lots of system RAM and video card RAM for this game.

Processor speed only really matters when you put vehicles and AI onto the map.

On a sidenote: BIS used to say that OPF never needs more than 256mb of RAM.

But upgrading from 256 to 512 really made a difference for me... confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FetishFool @ July 04 2002,10:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">On a sidenote:  BIS used to say that OPF never needs more than 256mb of RAM.

But upgrading from 256 to 512 really made a difference for me...   confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Ok! Fair to buy more RAM, I can do that!

What computer specs do you have?

Is it similair to mine?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (mithrandir @ July 04 2002,10:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm a little dissapointed...On the box it is mentioned that minumum sys.requirent is equalent to the original OFP game!

(damn codemasters)<span id='postcolor'>

The box mentions min. requirements are the same. Even old OFP at minimum requirements plays lousy.

Now, if you look at OFPR's recommended config at BIS, you'll see that the cpu speed has been upped a notch and recommended RAM has also gone from 128 to 256. (this is also posted on The FAQ.

Now, I've just come back after playing Resistance's introduction. I just got it in the mail today. smile.gif

My config dips a little below the recommended ones. I'm running on an IBM Thinkpad T20 PIII 700, 256MB RAM, with an 8MB onboard Savage Mark IX video chipset.

I decided not to remove my unofficial addons and missions before installing OFPR. The install worked like a charm.

I then went in to the new Preferences program and tweaked the settings up just a little. To be safe, I then rebooted.

I started OFPR with -nosplash on the command line. Startup time till the menu appeared was just a few seconds longer than before OFPR was installed. However, I did notice that the menu's cutscene was a little more sluggish than it had been.

I started the campaign. I wouldn't say it took forever to start. Again just a bit longer than in the past, which on my machine, was to be expected.

While viewing and playing the intorduction, there was more sluggish behavior, especially in the urban areas. Walking/running with my machine and the above default settings was not easily controlable. Some sound clips repeated themselves twice but no permanent sound loops occurred.

That's it for now. I'm going to reduce the settings and experiment some more. Where's my shotgun? biggrin.gif

In any case, I should be getting a new notebook soon. Looking at a Dell or IBM P4M 2G 512K with a 64MB video chipset and 15 inch screen. Drool! Drool!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (mithrandir @ July 05 2002,05:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ok! Fair to buy more RAM, I can do that!

What computer specs do you have?

Is it similair to mine?<span id='postcolor'>

I run OPF on:

P3 735MHz

512 SDRAM

GeForce3

OPF runs perfectly smooth on my machine with maxed-out settings and SetViewDistance permantly at 1800 meters.

The game slows down when there are more than 30 soldiers on the screen though. sad.gif

wow.gif5--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ July 04 2002,12wow.gif5)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

Now, if you look at OFPR's recommended config at BIS, you'll see that the cpu speed has been upped a notch and recommended RAM has also gone from 128 to 256. (this is also posted on The FAQ.<span id='postcolor'>

Thanks for the post!

OFPR WEBISTE:

Recommended system requirements:

Operation Flashpoint, Windows XP/2000/98, Direct X 8.1, 256 MB RAM, 733 MHz CPU, 1 GB HDD

According to this I fullfil the HW recomended sys req, (Regarding OS I usning WIN ME).

Could upgrading to XP make a differnece on my system. I have a bought copy, that I havnt bothered to Install yet got it last week?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (mithrandir @ July 04 2002,13:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Could upgrading to XP make a differnece on my system.<span id='postcolor'>

I would going for an additional 256MB of RAM.

I'm running OFP on a PIII 450 mhz / 128 MB Ram / Voodoo Banshee and my settings are low so with Resistance they are going lower but I don't care, I'm used to it sad.gif . Gotta upgrade my RAM soon I think.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (mithrandir @ July 04 2002,10:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hi I just bought the rest. addon!

I'm a little dissapointed...On the box it is mentioned that minumum sys.requirent is equalent to the original OFP game!

(damn codemasters)

It doesnt say nothing about recomended sys. requiremnts!<span id='postcolor'>

If I look at my OFP-Resistance CD-box, I see a very little comment just above the Codemasters logo:

"Minimum system requirements are equivalent to the original Flashpoint Recommended specifications."

And the original Flashpoint has following recommended specifications:

win 95/98/2000

DX 8

Pentium III 600 CPU or better

128Mb RAM

16Bit Direct Sound Compliant Sound Card

Compatible 3D graphics card with 32Mb RAM

24x CD-ROM

450Mb Hard Drive space

So if these are the minimum requirements, the recommended specs are something different...

i have what you may consider an UBER system,.

p4 2.4ghz OC's to 2.8ghz nitro cooler.

geforce4 ti600

892 rdram (cant remember off hand)

Old 17 inch HP pavilion Monitor refresh rate 60hz.

win xp

7.200 rpm western digital HD. 40gb

the game runs VERY smooth in high terrain detail mode, 2xFSAA,resolution 1204x1078x32 bit colour view distance @1000.

however VERY high mode is SHITE anyway, so dont even bother with it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Taku @ July 04 2002,13:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If I look at my OFP-Resistance CD-box, I see a very little comment just above the Codemasters logo:

"Minimum system requirements are equivalent to the original Flashpoint Recommended specifications."

And the original Flashpoint has following recommended specifications:

win 95/98/2000

DX 8

Pentium III 600 CPU or better

128Mb RAM

16Bit Direct Sound Compliant Sound Card

Compatible 3D graphics card with 32Mb RAM

24x CD-ROM

450Mb Hard Drive space

So if these are the minimum requirements, the recommended specs are something different...<span id='postcolor'>

/me says goodbye to Resistance... sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Taku @ July 04 2002,13:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (mithrandir @ July 04 2002,10:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm a little dissapointed...On the box it is mentioned that minumum sys.requirent is equalent to the original OFP game!

It doesnt say nothing about recomended sys. requiremnts!<span id='postcolor'>

If I look at my OFP-Resistance CD-box, I see a very little comment just above the Codemasters logo:

"Minimum system requirements are equivalent to the original Flashpoint Recommended specifications."<span id='postcolor'>

German OFPR has detailed minimum and recommended specs on the package:

Minimum: DirectX 8.1, P3/P4 or Athlon 500 MHz cpu, 128 mb ram, 16 bit DiectX 8.1 compatible sound card, compatible 3d graphics card with at least 16 mb ram, 8x cdrom, 550 mb hd space, 250 mb free hd space after installation.

Recommended: DirectX 8.1, P3/P4 or Athlon 700 MHz cpu, 256 mb ram, 16 bit DiectX 8.1 compatible sound card, compatible 3d graphics card with 32 mb ram, 24x cdrom, 550 mb hd space, 500 mb free hd space after installation.

I think that they may have underestimated the requirements for OPF:R

My system is

PIII 850 Mhz

384 MB RAM

KyroII 4500 64MB Graphcs Card

OFP Performance ~1600

Operation Flashpoint (Original) ran fine, very good if not too many units on map. I normally ran with setViewDistance ~ 1500 with LOD set to Min (Best) and all other settings to Best / Max

With Resistance everyting is so much slower! (~ 5 FPS with the same settings - Unplayable) so I reduced all the settings and the game now runs semi-acceptably - viewDistance at 900 though with low details, no shadows etc.

But at least when I am using a Sniper rifle / RPG scopes etc then I can use setviewDisatance up to 5000 now - very usefull for long range engagements (Say like blowing up planes on the ground with a RPG at 1000 Meters [Now what mission could that be tounge.gif])

I would say recommended spac would be P4 1.7 Ghz, 512MB RAM and a GF3 + Graphics card.

There are enough active threads about this kind of thing without the need for another one.