Sign in to follow this  
phronk

BSOD When Highlighting or Clicking "MULTIPLAYER"

Ever since this new patch for ArmA III, version 1.24, I've been getting instant BSODs every time I hover my mouse over or click "MULTIPLAYER" in the main menu. To make sure it wasn't a hardware issue, I've played several other games for hours at a time in multiplayer and I get 0 issues. My network card's drivers are up to date, as are most of other components in my computer. Here is a list of some hardware I've got:

Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz

PSU: 650W Corsair Power Supply

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770

RAM: 8.0 GB

HDD: Samsung SSD 840 EVO 120GB ATA (OS) / Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB ATA (Games) / WDC WD1001FALS-00J7B1 ATA (Standard 1TB HDD)

Network Adapter: Killer e2200 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20) (NOTE: It's up to date!)

Mouse: Logitech G600 Gaming Mouse

Keyboard: Logitech Gaming Keyboard G105

Microphone: C-Media USB Device

Headset: Realtek High Definition Audio Headset (forgot the exact name)

VR: TrackIR 5 PRO Clip

Rudder Pedals: Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

HOTAS: Saitek X-55 RHINO H.O.T.A.S.

Considering that my network adapter is the one that BI reported to now have BSOD issues with ArmA and that I've only had this problem (Or any BSOD issues ever, for that matter) ever since the new patch, I'm gonna go ahead and assume this is a major issue introduced with the new patch. Hopefully this gets sorted out. In the meantime, has anyone else had this problem with similar specs or know of any potential fixes/workarounds? Thanks!

An update to the latest drivers for this NIC supposedly fixes the problem.

You wouldn't happen to be running a Killer E2200 network card would you? Solution is the latest drivers found here.

Thanks! Will give it a try and will update the post if it works.

[EDIT]

Wasn't able to install. Downloaded the driver from that link you provided and it tells me to uninstall Qualcomm Atheros Killer Network Manager. So I uninstalled it and lost all internet connection. Tried to install the driver again, and it tells me I need Qualcomm Atheros Killer Network Manager installed...

So I get my MSI CD that came with my motherboard and reinstall Qualcomm Atheros Killer Network Manager and I'm back where I started.

Edited by Phronk

Having the exact same problem, says my killer driver is fully updated. Figured i'd try the download link anyway and see what happens. Unable to install it because it says i need to uninstall the network manger then turns around and says I need the network manager to complete the install.

hmm, buy a Intel Nic.... Or try to find the "actual" driver/inf and install thru the device manager.

I have no need or interest to buy anything new any time soon. Everything works fine in all other games, except ArmA after this patch.

if you unpack the file and then go to Device Manager, find your Nic, update driver, browse to the folder.?

Or try this; http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/guide-turn-your-killer-e2200-nic-into-qualcomm-athero-ar8161.198899/

Yeah I was being snarky, do to Killers having Issues from time to time and Intel NEVER( they cant, its what runs the worlds servers) does.

Was the best 10$ I ever spent...

Edited by kklownboy

I found a workaround until it's fixed. To play in Multiplayer, I have to connect to an ArmA 3 server through the Steam Server Browser. I can't client host, but at least I can still play online. I BSOD if I press Escape and try to Disconnect from the server in-game, so I have to Alt+F4 out.

Appreciate the help. Will check out that stuff whenever I get a chance.