Sign in to follow this  
Sillywabbit

Grumble about the direction of patches.

No one ever said wow wish their was a more in-depth fatigue system where you cant shoot at players 300m away with out wrestling your mouse, please implement this.

But people did say

Wow someone just ran up a metal tower, opened a door, camped the building below me but i never heard anything. Could we please get updated sound system?

The game has really bad CPU/GPU optimization i think the servers are issues, i get really bad performance while gaming online. Could we please get a update?

What i am getting at the direction of patches seem so far away from the players demand, can you please release in-game surveys to get opinion on this matter! the mass player base does not join in forums but they did buy and play the game like the 1% on here. Don't angry the other 99% i already seen players felt pushed away.

People will rarely complain when something is too easy.

That doesn't mean it isn't still a problem.

Seeing the overkill ammount of bullets required to down "bodyarmored" targets and all the spine-flinching insta-knowabout-AI´s still intact after about 6 boring months, while other things seem to be running rather smoothly (splendid karts, Learn button & VR releases), it appears as if the remaining developers have aquired some sort of freedom over whatever they wanna do - under the premise of "dont make it too work intensive!"

Meaning, what they do is great stuff, it just doesnt help the arma spirit.

edit: that sounds too hatey, lemme add:

They aced Campaigns, Zeus, Karts, Bootcamp, VR and are probably on track for the other 2 dlcs.

Whats keeping them from fixing the horrific bodyarmor/kill issue and/or adding usable bipods (or other "easy to do stuff")?

Edited by Mr Burns

As already stated, no one complains when somethings too easy. However, it depends on what that "Thing" is. If it benefits a player, they wont say a word. If it however comes about that that "thing" causes them losses, they will make a big deal. But, what BIS has done so far is in place because the Majority requested it. Before, we had people complaining about it being too easy with armor. Now, it's the opposite. There needs to be a balance, but nothing's been done because they don't know where to go with it, maybe. I can't tell you what BIS thinks really, just estimate. But it's the same with Fatigue. Some wanted easy shooting, some wanted realism. They went with the best option, Realism, but it only seems bad because we don't have the weapon resting/bracing that the Marksman DLC will more than likely provide, which is the distant solution to our current problem.

Grumble acknowledged :)

Please just remember that BI is a business and resources have to be allocated accordingly. Just because a bug has not been fixed it does not mean that they are ignoring it. Same goes for implementing features.

An objective point of view must be adopted when dealing with complex projects ( such as Arma). We know that BI has a relatively small team working on A3 and can guess that the factors that play a role in delaying bug squashing/feature implementing is manpower and resource alocation. So, with the risk of annoying a portion of you guys, please acknowledge what was said above and take a another shot at the waiting game :couch:

Also, let's give this thread some love, for the sake of concentrating feedback in one place :)

Much appreciated. Now move along :whip: !