Sign in to follow this  
saiyan29mayhem

Need Particular Help.

I spent awhile trying to search up a solution but alas, to no avail.

I'm currently making a mission where you spawn in a Jeep and someone is driving you to a CH-64. There, you will jump in the heli, and fly off to an extraction point. The thing is, I'm having trouble figuring out how to have the pilot wait for you to jump in the heli so then he could take off instead of taking off when the mission starts. I've fiddled with the editor and looked up on Google and the forums, but I couldn't find anything. Could anyone help?

P.S. Please don't direct me to a whole wiki on making missions. I don't need that.

Put the waypoint of the Helo on "Load" then sync it with the waypoint of the player "Get in"

Now the pilot won't take off until the player is in the Helo

Put the waypoint of the Helo on "Load" then sync it with the waypoint of the player "Get in"

Now the pilot won't take off until the player is in the Helo

\

Oh ok, I forgot to put the waypoint in the first place. Thanks.

---------- Post added at 19:22 ---------- Previous post was at 18:39 ----------

Ok now I'm having another problem. The NPCs of my group are having trouble disembarking and mounting vehicles such as the Jeep and the CH-64 by themselves. Help?

Ok now I'm having another problem. The NPCs of my group are having trouble disembarking and mounting vehicles such as the Jeep and the CH-64 by themselves. Help?

Are You leader of the group? If yes, then such behavior is normal - You've got to order them to get out and get in.

\

Oh ok, I forgot to put the waypoint in the first place. Thanks.

---------- Post added at 19:22 ---------- Previous post was at 18:39 ----------

OK, Check this: Put a trigger around the Helo and group it to the player "You know how right? Click on the group menu and then click on the trigger and connect it with the player. As the same if you want to add a unit to some leader.."

Now put in the activation the following:

[color="#0000FF"]{_x moveincargo Helo} foreach units this[/color]

And the activation in your side "West or East"..

Don't forget to name the Chopper "Helo" or whatever but make it the same in the code..

Now once your group reaches the trigger area they will be in the Chopper.

Are You leader of the group? If yes, then such behavior is normal - You've got to order them to get out and get in.

Oh. Fail. Guess I haven't been playing 13 year game enough.

---------- Post added at 01:41 ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 ----------

OK, Check this: Put a trigger around the Helo and group it to the player "You know how right? Click on the group menu and then click on the trigger and connect it with the player. As the same if you want to add a unit to some leader.."

Now put in the activation the following:

[color="#0000FF"]{_x moveincargo Helo} foreach units this[/color]

And the activation in your side "West or East"..

Don't forget to name the Chopper "Helo" or whatever but make it the same in the code..

Now once your group reaches the trigger area they will be in the Chopper.

Oh, ok

They still might be assigned to the first vehicle. You can try this script to make them exit the first vehicle.

Heli1=Vehicle Name

wgrp1=Group Name

Getout.sqs

Heli1 lockwp true;

~10

{_x action ["GETOUT", heli1]} foreach units wgrp1;

{unassignvehicle _x} foreach units wgrp1;

exit