Sign in to follow this  
LSD_Timewarp82

Invulnerable pilot when using mods

I just wanted to ask what could create the issue that my character didnt die when i´ll get killed in an Air vehicle playing an User mission. Even when my Jet hits the ground an explodes i am alive and able to get out of the Jet after the vehicle isnt moving anymore. I play with many mods, would be great if someone could give me a suggestion what i have to search in the configs to find out what causes this issue.

I have this effect only in Aircrafts (Helos and Jets) other vehicles are fine.

Thx in advancefor any help (happens to me in Stable and Devbranch)

Nothing to do with dev branch, nor with any specific mod (at least until the culprit has been identified) so I've moved this to troubleshooting for now. :)

Anyway it sounds like either allowDamage false or a wonky HandleDamage EH is being used somewhere.

... I play with many mods ...

It's doubtful that you'll be able to find the cause of this issue by looking at the mod code, especially with a large number of mods. You could conceivably grep for those two commands if you feel like installing some software, but that will probably produce a lot of false positives for you to dig through.

Otherwise, I would suggest the following "trial and error" approach:

1. Remove mods, test in-game. Problem should be gone.

2. Put about half of the mods back in, test in-game.

2.a - Still no problem? Remove those mods again and put them somewhere else, perhaps in a folder called "ok". Then try the other half of the mods.

2.b - Problem has returned? Then one mod in this batch is the culprit. Go back to step one with this batch of mods. (I.e. remove half of them, test again.)

Keep putting "untainted" mods aside and eventually you should have whittled down your list of potentially problematic mods to a single one.

Edited by MadDogX

Ok, thanks for the suggestion, better i start now to test and sort out, have ~50 mods active.

In my Logic such issue could injected due a mod wich adds Aircrafts or a medical system, am i right?

And whats with the rpt.log? Shouldnt it stand in the log with the issue?

Ok, thanks for the suggestion, better i start now to test and sort out, have ~50 mods active.

In my Logic such issue could injected due a mod wich adds Aircrafts or a medical system, am i right?

Yes to both. Definitely try removing those first, then (if the problem disappears) plug them back in one by one.

Yes to both. Definitely try removing those first, then (if the problem disappears) plug them back in one by one.

Do you have basic knowledge in the mods posted in here in the forums? Maybe you could help me a lot when you put an eye on my modlist, want give it a try?

Do you have basic knowledge in the mods posted in here in the forums?

Nope.

Maybe you could help me a lot when you put an eye on my modlist, want give it a try?

Just post the list (in spoiler tags). I'm probably not the only person who will read this thread.

Ok, here is the list, i think i´ll start to disable Aircraft mods like "STI" (it´s the A10) and Su35 Flanker

1q1kqy.jpg

Just a stupid wild guess here but, I see you have @fhq_debug active so open it up in-game and enter the following command. Once you have done this, disable/remove @fhq_debug to see if that fixes it.

player allowDamage true;

Again, this is just a stupid wild guess which probably won't help or do anything but it's worth a shot, right? :D

Maybe also put the above command in the BIS debug console as well... Also, what user mission are you trying this with? :)

Dirty Haz

Just a stupid wild guess here but, I see you have @fhq_debug active so open it up in-game and enter the following command. Once you have done this, disable/remove @fhq_debug to see if that fixes it.

player allowDamage true;

Again, this is just a stupid wild guess which probably won't help or do anything but it's worth a shot, right? :D

Maybe also put the above command in the BIS debug console as well... Also, what user mission are you trying this with? :)

Dirty Haz

Hey,

thanks for the suggestion, i will try it in a few minutes, hope this is the solution ^^

I play only WholeLottaAltis by SaOk, it my favorite mission on Arma3

found two probably conflicting mods

@TPW_Mods and @Ragdoll'd .... TPW has TPW_Falls which does the same as ragdoll'd

if you prefer ragdoll'd remember to disable TPW_Fall

;) but newest TPW_Fall is sweet :o

Edited by maquez

found two probably conflicting mods

@TPW_Mods and @Ragdoll'd .... TPW has TPW_Falls which does the same as ragdoll'd

if you prefer ragdoll'd remember to disable TPW_Fall

;) but newest TPW_Fall is sweet :o

Such things i am aware of, i have following things active at TPW: Fog,Houselights,Bleedout,HUD and Fall, BUT i play with disabled Options of "Player Fall" and "Ragdoll".. I have only "Bullet Reaction active in the TPW_Fall section :)

player allowDamage true;

Again, this is just a stupid wild guess which probably won't help or do anything but it's worth a shot, right?

Maybe also put the above command in the BIS debug console as well... Also, what user mission are you trying this with?

Dirty Haz

Tried that, didnt work. Thanks anyway :)

Reduced modlist to this, problem still present (player allowDamage true; didnt help in this case)

1fij8b.jpg

What is mcc_sandbox? The name implies some type of free-from-consequences gameplay, some damage modifications may come with it.

Also check bCombat parameters in its .sqf, there are a couple that alter how damage is dealt.

Yay!

Well, MCC is the mission maker tool by Shay_gman, Spirit & Psycho http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?150909-MCC-Sandbox-3-Dynamic-mission-creating-tool-for-ArmA-3 . I use it only to spawn crates and vehicles during the mission (always empty vehicles, i didnt spawn AI Units with it)

Can you tell me for which parameter i have to look at in bCombat? I ve just downloaded your new .jar file for bcombat, are those parmaters in there?

Sure, all parameters can be found there. Chel DAMAGE MULTIPLIER under CORE OPTIONS.

Yay!

Okay, which values should i use there?

Remember: SaOks WLA Mission is running a respawn script, so when you get killed you will respawn in the area you were killed.

Shouldn't be 0.

Yay!

Let's use some good old divide et impera to solve this.

Activate all mods: how many do you have (CBA excluded)?

Yay!

Hi Gliptal,

actually using 39 mods for SaOks mission :o

(if this helps: when i hit the ground with the jet and it expodes i need a minimum of 3 medipacks to heal me and the healstar stops popping on the screen. I tried without bleeding mod but that didnt solve the issue)

Edited by LSD_Timewarp82

Ok then disable the first 20 mods and test. Is the problem still there?

Leave CBA always enabled through all these tests.

Yay!

Is it possible that this issue comes from his mission? Cause when i play in the editor (empty map) and i crash the jet or heli i die normally. And i have the same mods activated as i would play his mission

Then it's the mission. 100%.

Yay!