Sign in to follow this  
Lenyoga

Player hit effect

If the player takes enough damage, there's a red faded effect on the screen. Is this located somewhere in the resource or config files? I haven't been able to find it, does anybody know where to find it?

Thanks in advance, lots of kisses.

If the player takes enough damage, there's a red faded effect on the screen. Is this located somewhere in the resource or config files? I haven't been able to find it, does anybody know where to find it?

Thanks in advance, lots of kisses.

Hi Lenyoga

I'm not sure but my guess would be in the resource file.

Hi Lenyoga

I'm not sure but my guess would be in the resource file.

I just quickly read through the 16000 lines in the resource file (added some custom stuff in there) and I can't seem to find it. I'll try again with the config, otherwise I'll have to assume it's hardcoded and not findable anywhere.

Edit: went through the config file too, didn't find anything. Gonna keep on looking in other places, more ... dark places...

Edit2: Darker places don't have anything either (scripts, dtaext, etc.)

Edited by Lenyoga

I can't manage to get this effect. When does it happen exactly ?

When You're shot! :)

To be more precise, it often happens to me when I'm shot by sniper/other heavy wounding gun.

But to try to answer Lenyoga's question, I'm afraid this effect may be hard-coded like NV effect (which means it may be modified using external post-processing - DxDll comes to mind).

When You're shot! :)

To be more precise, it often happens to me when I'm shot by sniper/other heavy wounding gun.

But to try to answer Lenyoga's question, I'm afraid this effect may be hard-coded like NV effect (which means it may be modified using external post-processing - DxDll comes to mind).

So yes, i got it with the sniper too. I've looked everywhere i thought (config, resource, data, data3d, scripts etc.) and i can't find anything.

So yes, i got it with the sniper too. I've looked everywhere i thought (config, resource, data, data3d, scripts etc.) and i can't find anything.

Maybe it doesn't exist. Maybe we only see it because we want to see it. But that might be good news in either case, I can now imagine it looking different, so it's cool.

Maybe it doesn't exist. Maybe we only see it because we want to see it. But that might be good news in either case, I can now imagine it looking different, so it's cool.

Hardcoded probably. But a little script can create nice effects, such as :

launched by :

player addEventHandler[{hit},{[] exec "stunned.sqs"}]

stunned.sqs :

?!(alive player):exit

TitleText ["", "black"]
playsound "pgm_heart"
;pgm_heart => heart beating sound
~3
0 fadesound 0 
~random 3
3 fadesound 1
playsound "pgm_tone"
;pgm_tone => buzzing sound like you're temporary deaf
TitleText ["", "BLACK IN",3]

exit

Hardcoded probably. But a little script can create nice effects, such as

Ah, cool, I planned something similar to that. A slow, unstoppable bleeding out death script.

hi,

I don't know if it will help but you can define a red screen via the description.ext.

in your bleeding script:

TitleRsc ["nik_z_Scr10","BLACK IN"]

description.ext

#define nik_z_ScrColA		{0.72,0,0,0.2}

class nik_z_ScrBack
{
type = 0;
idc = -1;
style = 0;
colorBackground[] = nik_z_ScrColA;
colorText[] = {0,0,0,0};
font = "tahomaB36";
x = -0.5;
y = -0.5;
w = 2;
h = 2;
sizeEx = 0;
text = "";
};
class nik_z_Scr10
{
	idd = -1;
	movingEnable = 0;
	fadeIn = 0;
	duration = nik_z_ScrDur4;
	name = "nik_z_Scr10"; 
	controls[] = {back};

class back : nik_z_ScrBack
		{
			colorBackground[] = nik_z_ScrColA;
		};
};
};

cya.

Nikiller.

hi,

I don't know if it will help but you can define a red screen via the description.ext.

Thanks, I already did that for the two desired effects and found a good use for my custom red pain effect.