Sign in to follow this  
DesolateChris

Make trigger activate while outside?

Hi everyone,

So I'm making a basic pvp mission and I have added a world border where if the players leave, they will die (trigger). Now I am setting up a different trigger which will warn them when they are leaving.

I currently have:

Condition:

player in thisList

on Act:

hint "Turn back now or DIE!";

So at the moment, when a player enters this trigger, they will receive the hint "Turn back now or die!". However, as I don't want to have to play 100 triggers all around the border, I want the hint to be displayed when a player LEAVES the trigger rather than when they enter it.

I suppose this is possible but I'm not sure how I can do it?

Thanks for your time.

There is "Blueforce not present" fires the trigger but that dos not seem to apply to you.

Instead of 100 triggers just place 4 triggers around your area. One trigger on each of the 4 sides.

Set the trigger to fire "repeatedly" .

I'm afraid there would need to be more than 4 triggers, as the area is an oval rather than a rectangle :/

I'm afraid there would need to be more than 4 triggers, as the area is an oval rather than a rectangle :/

If the area is more or less oval you have more or less two easy options:

1. Add all triggers manually, meaning there'd be about 6-8 or so.

2. Reduce the size of the area to make it rectangle, or circular.

Although untested, what I'd do is create one big trigger, circular or rectangle;

The options on top would be either faction based or 'Anybody' Present.

in condition i'd place: !(player in thislist),

and on Activation: hint "Turn back now or DIE!";

Then I would create an even bigger circular or rectangle trigger, on the exact same place, with the same condition except 'Activation: player setdamage 0'

The result, if you leave the first trigger area you get a message to turn back but you would still be in the 2nd, bigger trigger. If you decide to continue walking and leave the bigger trigger, you instantly die.

As for repeatability, you'll have to test it yourself by setting the triggers 'Repeatedly'. And I am not quite sure either whether or not everyone would receive the message if one person leaves (there is a condition that somewhat localizes, yet a trigger on the editor is always a global space). If everyone gets this message instead of just one person, you'll have to post back and I'll help you with a script instead of a trigger.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

All good now, I decided the best way to do it was to use the on Deactivation, works perfectly now.

Regardless, thank you all for putting in the time and effort to help out :)

1. Add all triggers manually, meaning there'd be about 6-8 or so.

2. Reduce the size of the area to make it rectangle, or circular.

3. Make the trigger an oval.

3. Make the trigger an oval.

Facepalm...I was mistaking an octagon for an oval...Yeah..you can make oval triggers...just set axis a to a different value than b.

Good to hear you got it working.

Kind regards,

Sanchez