Feint

Paddle Mod - RELEASED!

Thanks for the reply Feint. I tweaked the Mk.V, works much better now. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=382362407 :cool:

I'll ask Robalo for thoughts if we catch up today on the 'quad' scenario in MP. He'll probably have something useful. A couple extra thoughts while I'm here. Not that I'm a fan of adding more action menu things, but it would be if you cool pull yourself in from the CRRC. Although knowing how the rope stuff works, that might look a bit odd. Not a biggie either way.

The other thought was it would be nice perhaps to utilize a different 'name' for the mempoint, or perhaps sort some type of array option. With the non 'SlingLoadCargo2' taking priority. The issue for me locally is that I have a half dozen sling load points (not for helo's, more for dock operations), and yeah, my number 2 is no where close to being in a happy place for towing, none of them are really.

Cool. That looks awesome. If you create a memory point where you would want the rope bag to attach, let me know the name of it along with a parent classname that all of your boats are using and I'll add some code in there to better interface with your boats. PM me the info and I'll incorporate it into the update.

As for pulling the CRRC onto the back of the Mk.V, you can always shorten the rope once it's attached to something. Default control for that is Shift down arrow. Is that what you meant?

Hi Feint, thanks for the update.

I expect you only need to run hideObjectGlobal once. No need to run it on all clients, that would create unnecessary traffic.

For the addaction/removeaction, I believe you'd need to wrap them into BIS_fnc_MP calls because these commands have local effect only.

I am figuring out how to do this now with the hideObject and addAction problems. I see the hideObjectGlobal command just needs to be run on the server only, instead of running hideObject on each connected client and JIP client. My only question is, how do I just run hideObjectGlobal on the server and not on the original requesting client? Can I just call it from the original script like I did with hideObject or do I need to wrap it in BIS_fnc_MP or something else?

hideObjectGlobal on the client once should do the trick. Here is another idea, createVehicleLocal the atv instead.

hideObjectGlobal on the client once should do the trick. Here is another idea, createVehicleLocal the atv instead.

Yes! LOL, why didn't I think of that. You know, sometimes I feel smart, sometimes, not so much. Thanks for the idea and info!

EDIT: OK, I changed the addAction to a useraction in the config and added a "Rope Bag" config item for the rope bag in order to avoid any lag. I also made the quad a local vehicle so it shouldn't appear for anyone else on a dedicated server. Fingers crossed.

Robalo, I'll send you a PM to see if you want to test it with Hatchet_AS and anyone else you want to test it with. Please let me know if it works for you and I'll release the new version 2.0.1.

Edited by Feint

Haven't forgot you brother! Will be checking this in the AM, life is doing that thing it does, preventing me from doing what I want to do. It got Robalo also. :(

I'll also get you something for a mempoint name. But honestly since you're the guy with the functional bit here, why don't you create one that makes sense. Then all of us making boats can be compliant with that. Maybe less for you to fiddle with at the end of the day that way. ;)

Nice work!

Pick-up bag not work at MP. I tested without addons (only CBA updated), with editor and with zeus, and only can pick-up if is single/editor mission.

Nice work!

Pick-up bag not work at MP. I tested without addons (only CBA updated), with editor and with zeus, and only can pick-up if is single/editor mission.

Thanks for the feedback. It's a known issue that should be fixed in the next update. Just waiting for testing to be complete and if everything is good to go I'll release this weekend.

-mad snip- Ignore me for now. Things are fixed, Robalo and I are testing. :p

Edited by Hatchet_AS

So checked it out, and most of it went well. The quad is aspect is fine now. We can both access the actions regardless of who throws the bag. The attachment on the MkV is great from the crrc, and we can both access things there, but that is when a few things break down.

First thing we noticed on land, was that while Robalo could deploy the bag, if I picked it, when the new rope is created he could not see it, and it was not attached to the crrc for me. If I dropped the bag, it would reattach to the crrc and we could both see it. If Robalo picked the bag up, it all appeared normal from my seat, and he could drag it around or whatever.

Regarding attaching to the MkV, throwing the bag onto the deck works great (seems like it's locking whenever it lands, nifty.). However if either one of us picks the bag up, the rope stays attached to the boat. It might have created another rope, I can't recall. I think it did and the crrc move some distance off. When dropping the bag on the back of the MkV, it resulted in awesomeness, although not likely the intended sort.

I recorded the brief session, so I'll upload that in a bit and send a link.

So checked it out, and most of it went well. The quad is aspect is fine now. We can both access the actions regardless of who throws the bag. The attachment on the MkV is great from the crrc, and we can both access things there, but that is when a few things break down.

Well, that's two steps in the right direction at least.

First thing we noticed on land, was that while Robalo could deploy the bag, if I picked it, when the new rope is created he could not see it, and it was not attached to the crrc for me. If I dropped the bag, it would reattach to the crrc and we could both see it. If Robalo picked the bag up, it all appeared normal from my seat, and he could drag it around or whatever.

Hmm. So if Robalo launched the bag onto shore, and you picked it up, the new rope was created attached to the bag but it wasn't attached to the CRRC, right? And the rope wasn't visible for Robalo, right?

I wonder if the boat has the same exact name on your computer as it does on Robalo's computer. If not, that would explain the problem. I'll proceed with that assumption...

Out of curiosity, are you creating the CRRC via a script or are you placing it in the editor?

Regarding attaching to the MkV, throwing the bag onto the deck works great (seems like it's locking whenever it lands, nifty.). However if either one of us picks the bag up, the rope stays attached to the boat. It might have created another rope, I can't recall. I think it did and the crrc move some distance off. When dropping the bag on the back of the MkV, it resulted in awesomeness, although not likely the intended sort.

If you pick up the bag, you can't drop it onto a boat and have it do anything. At least it shouldn't. And if the bag is attached to a boat, the only way to get it off is to go into the CRRC and retract the rope. I'll add a condition to the rope bag so you can't pick it up if it's attached to anything.

My original plan was that you COULD pick up the rope bag and drop it onto another boat and attach the bag to a boat that way, but I've not implemented that code yet.

---------- Post added at 19:14 ---------- Previous post was at 17:41 ----------

Version 2.1 RELEASED!

First post updated. Please give the mirrors time to update if you go that way. Until then, use the Dropbox link.

Edited by Feint

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

====================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

the new rope was created attached to the bag but it wasn't attached to the CRRC, right? And the rope wasn't visible for Robalo, right?

Those are both correct.

And sorry, the video was black.. got all the sounds, but thats kinda 'meh'. Very unfortunate, the dropping of the bag on the back of the MkV actually resulted in an epic explosion. With the MkV ending up on shore a 100m, some AI dying and all that good stuff. :butbut:

Will check it out here again soon.

- After thought, Robalo mentioned you have some sort of push things around cleverness? Was thinking that could be really helpful with some deck operations, or shoreline for that matter. Thanks for the update!

Edited by Hatchet_AS

Thanks a lot for testing. I appreciate it. I'll see if I can fix that.

Was the CRRC you were using created by a script or did you place it in the editor?

As for the MkV blowing up, I'm at a loss.

I did make a Push & Kill melee module for Arma 3 Alpha, but I don't know if it works anymore. It's still available for download here:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19506&highlight=PUSH%2BKILL

I haven't used it in a while but plan to update it some time this year.

I still cant pick up the bag with the latest version on a dedicated server.

In Editor I can pick up the Bag.

But the keys for changeing the lenght do not work for me. :(

EDIT:

Found a strange bug. I can pick up a Bag on dedicated server if I use the stock equipment.

But if I load a saved equipment from the Arsenal I cant pick up a Bag anymore.

Edited by Meiestrix

I still cant pick up the bag with the latest version on a dedicated server.

In Editor I can pick up the Bag.

But the keys for changeing the lenght do not work for me. :(

EDIT:

Found a strange bug. I can pick up a Bag on dedicated server if I use the stock equipment.

But if I load a saved equipment from the Arsenal I cant pick up a Bag anymore.

Can you walk me through step by step so I can get a better idea of what's happening? Also, please use the addAction menu when holding the bag to change the length of the rope. The keys for shortening and lengthening the rope are only for when you are in the boat. I'll update the instructions to make that more clear.

Also, I don't know what you mean by Arsenal. Can you be more specific? Also, if your loadout includes anything attached to your unit using attachTo such as a chemlight attached to your shoulder, that will screw things up.

Edited by Feint

The keys for shortening and lengthening the rope are only for when you are in the boat.

Oh. Ok

Can you walk me through step by step so I can get a better idea of what's happening?

Yes Sure.

We have a training mission on our server where you have Zeus rights with a normal soldier.

1: Spawn

2: Open Zeus, spawn a boat, close Zeus

3: Get in the boat as driver, Throw out the bag, leave boat

4: Go to the bag and pick it up. (No problem so far). Drop the bag

5: Open BIs Virtual Arsenal (You have to assign it to an item in the editor, in my case a ammo box)

6: Load a saved equipment from the Virtual Arsenal, close Arsenal Just open and close the Virtual Arsenal is enough.

7: Go back to the bag

8: Option for picking up the bag is not in the addAction menu anymore

Edited by Meiestrix

Oh. Ok

Yes Sure.

We have a training mission on our server where you have Zeus rights with a normal soldier.

1: Spawn

2: Open Zeus, spawn a boat, close Zeus

3: Get in the boat as driver, Throw out the bag, leave boat

4: Go to the bag and pick it up. (No problem so far). Drop the bag

5: Open BIs Virtual Arsenal (You have to assign it to an item in the editor, in my case a ammo box)

6: Load a saved equipment from the Virtual Arsenal, close Arsenal Just open and close the Virtual Arsenal is enough.

7: Go back to the bag

8: Option for picking up the bag is not in the addAction menu anymore

confirmed. Happens here too.

//edit: It seems like the virtual arsenal does something to the player which triggers the condition in your PickUpRopeBag class. If I simply set the condition to "true" instead of:

condition="(count attachedObjects player == 0) && (isNull attachedTo this)";

the bag can be picked up after using the virtual arsenal.

//edit2: indeed, every time you open the virtual arsenal (even without doing anything in there, just open and close) it attaches something to the player. after opening and closing the virtual arsenal without doing anything count attachedObjects returns 1 and keeps adding up with every time you open it.

Edited by spec10

That's weird. Maybe BI attaches some invisible object to the player when opening the virtual arsenal to prevent the player from moving while that interface is open.

I'll try changing the condition to

condition = "(str (""FPM_rope_bag"" countType attachedObjects player) == ""0"") && (isNull attachedTo this)";

and I think that should fix it.

Thanks everyone for your testing, especially spec10 for the investigation of the weird Zeus attaching behavior!

---------- Post added at 17:47 ---------- Previous post was at 16:11 ----------

I've figured out also how to use the keys (Shift + up arrow) and (Shift + down arrow) to lengthen and shorten the rope when holding the bag. So that will get rid of those addAction items.

Edited by Feint

Version 2.5 released! Download using the dropbox link until the mirrors are updated. Links in the first post.

CHANGELOG:

VERSION 2.5

ADDED: You can now slide the boat left and right when stopped with two new keybindings

ADDED: You can now use the shortcut keys to shorten and lengthen the rope when holding the rope bag (shift arrows up and down)

FIXED: Fixed a strange Zeus compatibility issue where you couldn't pick up the bag after using the Virtual Arsenal

Thanks for informing us about the update :cool:

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

Ok now you can pick up the bag after using the Virtual Arsenal.

But you cant drop the bag anymore.

You can select "Drop Bag" but the bag is still in your hands.

The option for "drop bag" then is removed and you still can adjust the lenght with Shift+Up/down.

Edited by Meiestrix

Ok now you can pick up the bag after using the Virtual Arsenal.

But you cant drop the bag anymore.

You can select "Drop Bag" but the bag is still in your hands.

The option for "drop bag" then is removed and you still can adjust the lenght with Shift+Up/down.

I'll look into it. Thanks for the feedback. "Effing windows 98!"

---------- Post added at 15:33 ---------- Previous post was at 14:43 ----------

Fixed another problem with Zeus. Version 2.6 is up. Check the first post.

Thanks for informing us about the hotfix :cool: