Sign in to follow this  
ejanvi

Captured tanks remain ennemy...

At the end of the Scrap mission, I was glad to find a damaged T72, abandonned by its Russian crew (blue color on the map).

I got in the tank, went to repair it with my Repair trucks. Then got back in formation.

And got immediately shot by my team's tanks.

I played that sequence again, and found that my "captured tank" was red, eventhough I was crewing it! The only way I found to avoid being shot by my other tanks was to order them to stop firing!

I guess this is also a fine way to infiltrate ennemy positions: get into one of their tanks, and they would mistake you for one of them...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ejanvi @ July 12 2002,23:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I guess this is also a fine way to infiltrate ennemy positions: get into one of their tanks, and they would mistake you for one of them...<span id='postcolor'>

But how would u get them so far that they will start killin their own tank ?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ejanvi @ July 12 2002,23:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">At the end of the Scrap mission, I was glad to find a damaged T72, abandonned by its Russian crew (blue color on the map).

I got in the tank, went to repair it with my Repair trucks. Then got back in formation.

And got immediately shot by my team's tanks.

I played that sequence again, and found that my "captured tank" was red, eventhough I was crewing it! The only way I found to avoid being shot by my other tanks was to order them to stop firing!<span id='postcolor'>

You have to kick out all the remaining soviets from the tank, dead or alive. Then your guys will finally understand that the tank is on your side. If you leave some dead Soviet crew inside then your guys will think it's hostile.

But the only way to do that is to get in the tank, which leads to the same team killing antics. BIS needs to fix this.

LOL that happen to me also. I was like wtf is going on here with the hidden enemy. I took me a third time to notice that it was my own guys because I hit the replay key right away and did not watch to see where the shot came from. wow.gif