Artillery Guided Shells Fix

GiovaFR_ArtilleryGuidedFix_SCsmall.jpg

Artillery Guided Shells FIX

by

GiovaFR

Version:

20140601 test SP & MP => pass

Description:

As the title suggests, this mod fix the bug of Artillery guided shells.

Note : Do not confuse "Guided shells" and "Laser Guided shells" that are 2 different things !

Guided artillery shells are guided missiles that lock then destroy vehicles.

Here i'll talk about ROI (region of interrest) this is the position you have designated as artillery target.

This is my first mod, hoping you'll appreciate it.

Features:

• Nothing to setup
  • Works with any existing mission
  • Works with any vehicle using 2Rnd_155mm_Mo_guided or Sh_82mm_AMOS_guided ammo
  • Compatible with Support artillery module
  • If you fire several rounds, each one will lock a different target (one shell per target)
  • Once the shell is near the ROI, it will search and destroy the closest vehicle from that ROI.
  • JIT compatible

Installation:

Make sure that CBA mod is installed.

Uncompress the zip to your arma3 folder, then activate the mod (as any other mod).

Usage:

Launch a mission with artillery,

Call for artillery or get as gunner in a Scorher (or any equivalent).

Use "Guided" ammo (2nd one in the list)

Fire then watch the firework :)

Known 'not an issue' :

Facts listed bellow are well known, and were been etablished to not make that mod overpowered.

• missiles looks for targets 250 meters around the ROI : if target vehicle is moving, you have to anticipate.
  • Missiles don't make difference between empty of filled vehicles
  • missiles don't make difference between ennemy/neutral/friendly targets : So you have to pay attention before calling for artilery
  • missiles don't manage priority targets, if an empty quad is near a operating shilka, perhaps it'll choose the quad as target

Known issues :

• For very long range, or if the ROI is near mountains, then the ROI may not be exactly where it should be (tests gived good results anyway).
  • May not works with virtual artillery module (as i don't have time to detect spawned vehicles (done every 3 secs) )
  • As is it not possible to set a target to a guided missile (it is?) i spawn invisible/undestructible helicopter, this one appears on radars for few seconds (solution welcome)

Forums Topic:

- Official Topic

Mods requiered :

Community Base addons A3

DOWNLOAD :

ArmaHolic : http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=25841

UploadHero : http://uploadhero.co/dl/1f05f916

PS : sorry for my poor english, hoppefully this mod doesn't requiers GUI messages

Edited by giovaFR

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Edited by Guest

Nice. Any chance of a script version?

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of....

Thanks for your prompt reaction !

Yes i'm registered as 'giova', i sent a pm to big to get ftp access, i send a PM to you right now.

Nice. Any chance of a script version?

Thanks, no script is needed at all (needed scripts are allready triggered when necessary to simulate what the shell should do) what's your need?

Thanks for your prompt reaction !

Yes i'm registered as 'giova', i sent a pm to big to get ftp access, i send a PM to you right now.

Thanks, no script is needed at all (needed scripts are allready triggered when necessary to simulate what the shell should do) what's your need?

Scripts are a lot easier to include in missions than Addons are.

ok i understand, i'll post a script template also then, i'll do it this week when i'll have some time.

Finally someone fixed guided shells.Thank you GiovaFR

ok i understand, i'll post a script template also then, i'll do it this week when i'll have some time.

Thank you so much! This is not just you fixing a broken/dropped feature, but you're adding flexibility to the players tactical decision making.

An addon version is lovely, but for the time being at least, we're trying to go addon free, unless of course, this will work as a server side only addon in the MP environment.

As you i create some missions, and as you i try to not make them 'mod dependant' ;)

OFFtopic : regarding vehicles, i had to find a solution, i made a function, so i can place moded vehicles without forcing the player to have their mods.

Here it is

New mod v14.6.1 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@artilleryguidedfix.png

@ giovaFR;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

New mod v14.6.1 available ...

... please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

Thanks for the job.

I subscribed and pressed 'this is me.'

BTW : beautifull website. But my release is not a version 14.6.1, i use dates for my versions YYYYMMDD, its easier for me and remove the pressure (like : when will you release the v2.1 plz plz plz ;) ) so actual version is 20140601

dlb post

Edited by giovaFR

Conflict with ace guided missiles system