Sign in to follow this  
shifty_ginosaji

New 'Advanced' waypoints use (particularly fire support waypoint)

Does anybody know how to use the Advanced Waypoints;

Fire Mission and Land, they have argument boxes but i have no idea what to put in them

I tried using "land" the heli moved but did not land. I think I needed a helipad. I think the land waypoint was created because you couldn't get a heli to just land. They either had to get out or unload then get back into the air. The land waypoint lets them land without getting out.

Haven't got "firemission" to work yet. That waypoint just gets ignored.

There is also a new waypoint in the default section. "follow". It lets heli follow any vehicle you place the waypoint on. I tried it on ground vehicles, units, and it did nothing. I did not try it with fixed wing though. The heli is terrible at following. bi hasn't coded them to match speed, so the heli just lunges forward then stops, then lunge, etc. Unless you get a vehicle fast moving. I think boats will work great with it.

Each vehicle has a default distance for a move and if it's told to move less than that distance it ignores the command. I think choppers and planes have the same distance in Arma so it renders the choppers agility useless. To get an Idea of what they should be capable of is to attach one to a quad copter. It's fun if nothing else.

Firemission

place some real Artillery on the map and then place the firemission waypoint from them to the target area, you can have more than one Waypoint and after x amount of time they switch to the next WP.

Edited by F2k Sel

I tried using "land" the heli moved but did not land. I think I needed a helipad. I think the land waypoint was created because you couldn't get a heli to just land. They either had to get out or unload then get back into the air. The land waypoint lets them land without getting out.

Haven't got "firemission" to work yet. That waypoint just gets ignored.

There is also a new waypoint in the default section. "follow". It lets heli follow any vehicle you place the waypoint on. I tried it on ground vehicles, units, and it did nothing. I did not try it with fixed wing though. The heli is terrible at following. bi hasn't coded them to match speed, so the heli just lunges forward then stops, then lunge, etc. Unless you get a vehicle fast moving. I think boats will work great with it.

if you want the heli to land use this :

heli1 land "LAND"