Sign in to follow this  
Cerbatron

ArmA 3 Crash when connecting to public MP-Server

Hi,

my ArmA 3 crash everytime when I connect to a puplic Server, with the Server of our Clan i have no problem (no BattleEye on this server on).

I dont get a "real" Error, only a Windows (7, 64Bit) message (in german) "ArmA3.exe funktioniert nicht mehr" (translation: "ArmA3.exe don't work anymore", i don't know this error in english)

And under it:

"Problemsignatur:

Problemereignisname: APPCRASH

Anwendungsname: arma3.exe

Anwendungsversion: 1.18.124.200

Anwendungszeitstempel: 53682789

Fehlermodulname: arma3.exe

Fehlermodulversion: 1.18.124.200

Fehlermodulzeitstempel: 53682789

Ausnahmecode: c0000005

Ausnahmeoffset: 008142d6

Betriebsystemversion: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3

Gebietsschema-ID: 1031

Zusatzinformation 1: 0a9e

Zusatzinformation 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Zusatzinformation 3: 0a9e

Zusatzinformation 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

(sorry for german)

The crash comes everytime when i joined a public server,after the download of the mission, slot choosing and load the mission. When the loadscreens end and i normally join the mission finally it crashed (tested on 15-20 Server, different playmodes, without any mods).

The BIS Support don't help really with their FAQ and i don't found anyone with the same error/crash.

I hope u can help me :/

A lot of people have been plagued by this issue. I am currently trying to get a solution and I believe I will have one soon. At the moment, I believe what is happening is that Arma is trying to use memory outside of allotted space. So, to try and fix this, try adding some launch options for Arma in steam. If you have at least 4gb of RAM, put

-maxMem=2047 

And if you have a graphics card with at least 2gb, put

-maxVRAM=2047 

If you only have 1gb of graphics card memory, try lowering it to 1023. You cannot put in values more than 2047 though.

Let me know if this fixes the issue!

No it don't fix it.

But i found new Bugs,

some vehicles in the Editor are Invisible on the map and when i start the mission it crashed too.

You can't make a new topic to avoid spammers. You need to be active on the forums for a bit until either the moderators will allow you or their built in system. It works well to keep out the riff raff. Just keep with it.

And @Cerbatron, try just the maxMem option and make sure that is solid. Get rid of the maxVRAM

I have a slight improvement to it that may work better

-maxMem=2047
-malloc=jemalloc_bi

No it don't fix it.

But i found new Bugs,

some vehicles in the Editor are Invisible on the map and when i start the mission it crashed too.

Are these vanilla vehicles? Mod vehicles? Or A2 content? Possibly could have corrupted file content regarding A3 game. If all else fails, save your mods and reinstall A3

vanilla vehicles, reinstall is bad :( my internet is broken (i have to use "mobile" internet with a max. download of 5GB per month (or it cost a lot of money))