Sign in to follow this  
zwa233

Where to start? - new player

So I've played the campaign in ARMA 3 and tried some multiplayer but just can't really figure out where to start. Most servers I join everyone else is already across the map and I have no idea what's going on. Usually I just end up trying to find people.

I first started playing ARMA with ARMA 2 OA for DayZ. I played some Breaking Point in ARMA 3. But I'm trying to get into the regular multiplayer and it seems everyone else is very experienced and I just end up getting lost

Depends on the type of missions you want to play.

If you want coop come try us on Thursday night, we run a public coop session, which is well organised, not your run of the mill public mayhem server.

If you really want to get into milsim, there are plenty of clans to join

So I've played the campaign in ARMA 3 and tried some multiplayer but just can't really figure out where to start. Most servers I join everyone else is already across the map and I have no idea what's going on. Usually I just end up trying to find people.

I first started playing ARMA with ARMA 2 OA for DayZ. I played some Breaking Point in ARMA 3. But I'm trying to get into the regular multiplayer and it seems everyone else is very experienced and I just end up getting lost

If you want Team VS Team and a game mode that uses EVERYTHING Arma has to offer then look for Capture the Island servers (CTI). CTI is probably the most difficult game mode to learn but there are a lot of people on those servers who don't mind helping out. Before asking questions though, I recommend you look at this: https://www.youtube.com/user/SpanishSurfer/videos to get an idea of some of the mechanics possible in the game.

When Ingame, there are more help manuals (short and read in 5 min) that will help you. Just click on my sig below to see which server you should join, good luck!

I like team king of the hill, it's action-oriented and progressive as you gain xp and $ for new gear as you play. Gameplay is easy to grasp, there's a zone that the 3 different teams try to occupy for points, with a permanent pointer toward the zone on your map so it's easy to find.

If you play Invade & Annex, open up your map and see where the AO is (Area of Operations). It's the red area (not sidemission altho you can go there too if you feel like ramboing or a team is already there).

Either jump in a car (in the parking lot at base) or wait for a chopper to come pick you up (also at base, near runway).

I always try and find an Invade & Annex server with a fair amount of people in it.

There are lots of friendly players in these servers and you really form a great sense of teamwork.

A few times I've been teamed up with a guy, can't remember his screen name, who is a highly organised team leader and those were some of the best gaming sessions I've ever had.

Endless amounts of fun can be had in a fairly "serious" game, you just gotta look for the right server.

Wasteland servers are also loads of fun but can be hard to form up a team.

I'm keen to get into some Altis Life servers, but they seem pretty complex and haven't given them a go yet.

I'm in a similar boat.

Also, anyone know why I can't make a new thread?

I believe you need to have "some" history on the forums before you can by replying to threads etc.

Not sure how many you need to reply too, but its not a lot

@zwa233

if you want some specific help, you can PM me on the forums, or add me as a friend on steam (same name as my forums account) and I can teach you some stuff ingame, some tactics and gameplay methods, even the controls all that stuff, if you would like.

I believe you need to have "some" history on the forums before you can by replying to threads etc.

Not sure how many you need to reply too, but its not a lot

Here's another pointless reply in order to bump my post value up so I can create a thread.