Sign in to follow this  
KorJaxico

Single Player Category: Addons?

So I know that no addons are allowed for the SP category, which I am honestly thankful for (anyone with extensive experience making custom add ons for missions would always have a leg up over other missions).

But voice acting/music would help my scenario out a lot. It mentions that such things in the rules need to be included as a "PBO" addon - so voice acting and music and such won't require users to install add-ons correct? So if I use such elements in my mission, then no addons will be required to install and the mission will work stand-alone?

I apologize if this is an obvious question, because I've never used Arma's map editor before to make full SP missions. I know for Crysis you can have custom textures, sounds, music, voices etc all packaged with the map without having to enable a mod. I am assuming its the same for Arma3 and hence the rules saying you can do those types of addons?

Also, I noticed the voting starts up this month. This means people who already have had stuff in the works since last year will have a massive leg up in the competition by getting loads of early votes. Is it possible to submit something, just to get my foot in the "voting door" but then update to a playable build later on closer to the deadline? Thanks!

I know for Crysis you can have custom textures, sounds, music, voices etc all packaged with the map without having to enable a mod. I am assuming its the same for Arma3...

Correct.

So I know that no addons are allowed for the SP category, which I am honestly thankful for (anyone with extensive experience making custom add ons for missions would always have a leg up over other missions).

But voice acting/music would help my scenario out a lot. It mentions that such things in the rules need to be included as a "PBO" addon - so voice acting and music and such won't require users to install add-ons correct? So if I use such elements in my mission, then no addons will be required to install and the mission will work stand-alone?

I apologize if this is an obvious question, because I've never used Arma's map editor before to make full SP missions. I know for Crysis you can have custom textures, sounds, music, voices etc all packaged with the map without having to enable a mod. I am assuming its the same for Arma3 and hence the rules saying you can do those types of addons?

Also, I noticed the voting starts up this month. This means people who already have had stuff in the works since last year will have a massive leg up in the competition by getting loads of early votes. Is it possible to submit something, just to get my foot in the "voting door" but then update to a playable build later on closer to the deadline? Thanks!

Hi KorJaxico, custom voice-acting and music are allowed in the SP category, and can indeed be included in the PBO. With regards to your second question, you can already apply for the Make Arma Not War contest and create an entry Profile Page. You can use a Steam Workshop submission as a placeholder - and if you'd like, set it to 'Private' on the Steam Workshop. Just make sure the final and correct Steam Workshop submission is up there before the contest deadline in October. Hope that answers your question. Good luck!

When you make mission you have all files in one main mission folder:

mission file, briefing, pictures, music and other sound files for example with voice acting.

In the end when the mission is ready you pack the mission as pbo file (or save the mission in editor as pbo file).

So just for clarification, are we allowed to use properly-credited third party scripts?

So just for clarification, are we allowed to use properly-credited third party scripts?

Hi frankenbeanies, this depends on the license under which the Third Party scripts were published and/or whether you have permission from its author.

Sign in to follow this