Sign in to follow this  
TheHeffs

Steam family sharing says I have a hacked client

*I COULD NOT POST THIS IN TROUBLESHOOTING, BECAUSE THE PAGE WOULD NOT LOAD CORRECTLY*

Hello Arma 2 community,

I have recently had family sharing with my cousin over steam, so I installed Arma 2, Arma 2 operation arrowhead, and DayZ Commander.

When I open Operation Arrowhead, it says I need to enter a special CD KEY when the game prompt's me to enter it. I have the CD KEY, but the game wont let me enter a key.

I have tried repeatedly to join a server my friends are playing on, it kicks me from the game, and my friends get the message "Illegal copies will be degraded". I haven't downloaded or done anything illegal and I dont know whats going on. If there is not a solution, I will just buy the game.

steam source:

Can all Steam games be shared with friends and family?

No, due to technical limitations, some Steam games may be unavailable for sharing. For example, titles that require an additional third-party key, account, or subscription in order to play cannot be shared between accounts.

So either BI or steam screwed it up for you. For my understanding A2 should not be available for family sharing for those reasons.