Sign in to follow this  
bars91

STEAM ACR and PMC DLC setup.dat error

As the title says - upon launching OA, the DLC setup has trouble reading setup.dat for ACR and PMC install. BAF installed fine.

It is worth mentioning, that on a similar machine (also W7U64) the very same setup works.

The only difference is that my keys are all DVDs activated on STEAM as per news for this possibility now available.

I have tried every obvious thing I could think of - running as Admin, verifying data, restarting both Steam and PC.

None of it has helped.

Thanks in advance for any help/directions! :)

Edited by Bars91

and try again, just for sure ... some problems were due to steam overload

Tried reinstalling everything from ground up - same thing.

Mail sent to support.

EDIT:

Just noticed another weird thing.

There are no OA campaign/missions as if OA is treated as "light" version (the content is there but the missions are not)

Edited by Bars91

I have also been having problems installing BAF and PMC (and as of Friday 05/16/14 ACR) through STEAM for about 2 weeks now after a fresh Windows reinstall (everything had worked fine on my previous Windows install). ARMA 2 and ARMA 2: OA on their own install correctly. I can say for certain that ACR installed correctly until Thursday (05/15/14), but as of Friday (05/16/14) no longer installs correctly. PMC did not install prior to Friday nor does it install now. Also, until Thursday (05/15) I could not install BAF, but as of Friday (05/16) BAF would install. In all cases, I receive or was receiving the same error: "File Read Error":“E:\Steam\steamapps\common\ARMA2 Operation Arrowhead\DLCSetup\BAF(or ACR or PMC)\setup.dat†This is followed by an “Application can not be installed†error.

Some background:

For the last 2 weeks, I have been trying to install ARMA2, ARMA 2:OA W/ ACR DLC, and ARMA2 BAF and PMC. Since the BAF and PMC DLCs would not install due to the "File Read Error," on Wednesday, 05/14/14, I deleted all local content for ARMA2/OA/PMC/BAF/ACR, uninstalled BattlEye for ARMA2 and OA, deleted all folders in Steamapps/common for ARMA2 and ARMA2 OA, and deleted all "Bohemia" entries in my registry. On Thursday, 05/15/14, I downloaded and installed ONLY ARMA 2 and ARMA 2: OA including ACR through Steam. At that time, ARMA2, ARMA2: OA and ACR all installed correctly. Since I could not get BAF or PMC to install, I did not download them. On Friday, 05/16/14 I noticed that Steam had downloaded a small update for AMRA2: OA so I decided to try redownloading BAF, and it did install correctly; however PMC still would not install. I decided to try again completely uninstalling everything and then reinstalling at that point to see if things would work. However, upon reinstalling ARMA 2: OA I found that ACR no longer installed.

What follows is an additional list of the troubleshooting steps I have tried so far over the past 2 weeks, none of which made any difference.

I made sure the game is installed on the same drive as Steam, started Steam as admin, reinstalled while running as admin, redownloaded as admin, disabled antivirus during download and install, downloaded and ran each game in order (ARMA 2, ARMA 2 OA, BAF, then PMC) individually at least once before downloading the next one, changed the registry permissions for Valve, manually adjusted the registry entries for ARMA 2 and OA, verifying all games cache, running the datacachepreprocessor.exes for BAF, PMC and ACR manually outside of Steam as an administrator. Nothing has worked.

My point in all of this is that something seemed to have changed on Friday on STEAM's end that fixed BAF, broke ACR and did not affect PMC, and my suspicion is that it has something to do with the setup.dat files for the 3 pieces of DLC.

Edited by rr1107

well honestly I tried at Friday late all 3 DLC and not encountered any problems in download/install

so I would suggest try again (as we did update on Friday those installers)

well honestly I tried at Friday late all 3 DLC and not encountered any problems in download/install

so I would suggest try again (as we did update on Friday those installers)

I just finished redownloading ARMA 2 (which installs correctly) followed by ARMA2: OA; ARMA2 OA itself installs correctly, but ACR does not install, and gives the same "File Read Error" that began on Friday. I have not retried BAF or PMC yet.

Edited by rr1107

I had the same problem but only with ACR DLC. It don't appear in the Steam's list. But I have a message that i already own the Dlc.

My solution was to just used the install files of Bohemia, not steam ones, and installed it inside the new Arma 2 OA folder of Steam. Steam/common/.../arma operation arrowhead

And now I have it available in the game, but it don't appear in the Steam listof games. But it says that i have it.

Esfumato, ACR will never show up in the Steam games list, only BAF and PMC do. ACR is listed as actual DLC for ARMA2 OA (as in, you right-click on ARMA2: OA in STEAM, and select the DLC tab. ACR will be listed there.) And as I mentioned, I have tried running the installer files (datacachepreprocessor.exe) that download for ACR (as well as BAF and PMC) to the "Arma2 Operation Arrowhead/DLCSetup/ACR (Or BAF or PMC)" folder separately. This problem didn't exist for ACR prior to Friday, and seems to have been fixed to BAF on Friday. PMC did not work prior to Friday nor does it work as of today.

As a test, I installed Steam on another PC I own that I don't use for gaming, and tried downloading and installing ARMA 2 and ARMA 2 OA. ARMA 2 installs correctly, just as on my gaming PC, and ARMA 2 OA gives the same error when installing ACR that I am getting on my gaming machine. I did not retry BAF or PMC yet. Since my 2 PCs are running different versions of Windows and different anti-virus solutions, I am certain that the problem is on STEAM/Bohemia's end. I would be happy to provide any other information I can to help get this problem resolved.

For anyone with the same problem - this is a valid solution.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2szI0f8BLo

But I had to relaunch STEAM as admin after installing OA because I got the same error as before.

OA missions and campaign still not showing up tho.

EDIT: running BETA patch seems to work. OA missions/campaign are present.

Edited by Bars91

well there was update today, which fixed PMC ... ACR is wip