Sign in to follow this  
thedog88

destruction model for an object

hey guys,

been searching up and down but either i dont grasp the concept or im not finding anything.

what im trying to do is simple, i have a surveillance camera and a destroyed surveillance camera modelled.

i want that when i shoot the surveillance cam the good model disappears and is replaced by the destroyed one.

i figured it would be as simple as defining it in the config with a single line, maybe something along the lines of (just as an example)

destroyedmodel="modelname.p3d";

however the more i read i feel im way off. is it not that simple? i have both models working in game no problem as part of my ARP pack, now

i just want to take it up a notch and add that damage model. any help?

you should be able to set up a destruction LOD inside your main P3D file and have it appear, there maybe a special class for the destruction model but i wont have access to my main computer for a few days to confirm it but i believe you just have to set it up inside the p3d

that would be awesome if it was that simple!!! x.x please let me know asap ill look around myself. thanks for the new lead

Look in the ARMA3 SamplesF folder, there's a complete house setup with the normal model, damaged, and destroyed, plus the config for it.

Is the camera part of a house? If so it fairly straightforward.

Have you camera and destroyed camera in the same spot.

In the model config you'll have a hide animation for the good camera and a unhide animation for destroyed camera.

You'll need to create a block component in the fire lod that represents the camera and create hitpoints in the hitpoint lod.

Then when. The camera is hit the good one hides and is replaced with the destroyed one via the animation.

If you set it all up I can help you with the config/ model config when ur ready

that would be sweet. can i add you on steam? its already all in game just not the damage portion

Do u have skype? It's easier I think anyway

yeah ill send you a pm when i get off work. thanks.