Sign in to follow this  
MarcusCunningham

setobjecttextureGlobal Help!!!

I'm looking at making a Red vs Blue mission with A146 Wipeouts, similar to the one in this

I was wandering how to use setobjecttextureGlobal on a server. I ran this line below from the init of the A146 named a146 and it worked, the color was set to red. When I put the mission on the server, no one was able to see the color, but me.

[[{a146 setobjecttexture [0,'#(argb,8,8,3)color(1,0,0,1)'];}],"BIS_fnc_Spawn",true,true] call BIS_fnc_MP;

I am also able to use this code in the editor to change the color, but again does not work in a server

a146 setobjecttexture [1,'#(argb,8,8,3)color(1,0,0,1)'];

I was also curious how to set the color of the jet every time it respawns

Any feedback would be awesome.

just use:

a146 setObjectTextureGlobal [1,'#(argb,8,8,3)color(1,0,0,1)'];

Yeah I have also used that, and it doesnt work on respawn, not sure about testing on the server because I have no one to test with now.

---------- Post added at 06:15 ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 ----------

I am also using the Respawn module in game, so any idea how to force the init in a unit when it respawns?

Yeah I have also used that, and it doesnt work on respawn, not sure about testing on the server because I have no one to test with now.

---------- Post added at 06:15 ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 ----------

I am also using the Respawn module in game, so any idea how to force the init in a unit when it respawns?

In the respawn module there should be a parameter, just place inside of it what you want but the name (a146) would be replaced with I believe _unit or _this

In the respawn module there should be a parameter, just place inside of it what you want but the name (a146) would be replaced with I believe _unit or _this

Are you talking about the init of the Respawn module, or the expression in the respawn module, either way I placed these codes in both the Init and Expression of the respawn module and neither worked.

[[{a146 setobjecttexture [0,'#(argb,8,8,3)color(1,0,0,1)'];}],"BIS_fnc_Spawn",true,true] call BIS_fnc_MP;

But when I placed both codes in the init of the respawn module, the plane was colored, when I placed them in the expression, the plane was not colored.

Any other ideas to maybe force the unit to respawn with a init? I saw there was an option with the Simple Vehicle Respawn script to spawn a unit with an init, I tried that but it was unsuccessful, therefore I am all out of ideas.

Any other help?

Are you talking about the init of the Respawn module, or the expression in the respawn module, either way I placed these codes in both the Init and Expression of the respawn module and neither worked.

But when I placed both codes in the init of the respawn module, the plane was colored, when I placed them in the expression, the plane was not colored.

Any other ideas to maybe force the unit to respawn with a init? I saw there was an option with the Simple Vehicle Respawn script to spawn a unit with an init, I tried that but it was unsuccessful, therefore I am all out of ideas.

Any other help?

Your code is incorrect I said switch it with either _this or _unit (I'm not to sure on which one it is supposed to be, I'll verify with you tonight when I get home)

Ok so when in the VEHICLE RESPAWN MODULE there is a parameter called EXPRESSION in this place

_this select 0 setobjecttextureglobal [1,'#(argb,8,8,3)color(1,0,0,1)'];

_this select 0 means the vehicle that will be respawned

_this select 1 means for the vehicle that was just destroyed so maybe you might want to delete it or something

P.S

Nice Red A-164 you got there

Alright I just placed that in the EXPRESSION for the VEHICLE RESPAWN MODULE, and nothing happened.

I also tried this

_a164 select 0 setobjecttextureglobal [1,'#(argb,8,8,3)color(1,0,0,1)'];

and still nothing.

Sorry if I'm not understanding you correctly but its not working.

Alright I just placed that in the EXPRESSION for the VEHICLE RESPAWN MODULE, and nothing happened.

I also tried this

_a164 select 0 setobjecttextureglobal [1,'#(argb,8,8,3)color(1,0,0,1)'];

and still nothing.

Sorry if I'm not understanding you correctly but its not working.

Did you sync the module with the plane? To sync press F5 and then click and hold on the plane and then drag to the respawn module and then let go of the mouse click and boom!

---------- Post added at 03:51 ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 ----------

alright I have included a mission showing what you have to do, please do note that the player has the actions to destroy both planes, you will see once you have blown the planes up they switch to there colours!

link