Sign in to follow this  
FortyEight

How do you make a Mod Pack

To ease the downloading and installation of multiple mods for members of a community, can anyone enlighten me on how to make a mod pack?

By mod pack I mean a file, with one key, that one simply downloads, unzips and pastes into their Arma 3 directory. This would consist of mods have I have not created but enjoy using.

To ease the downloading and installation of multiple mods for members of a community, can anyone enlighten me on how to make a mod pack?

By mod pack I mean a file, with one key, that one simply downloads, unzips and pastes into their Arma 3 directory. This would consist of mods have I have not created but enjoy using.

In most cases you don't, as this might infringe the mod licenses. But usually you can just put the addon- and keys-folders from the mods you use into a special folder (like @myModCollection) and have them activated as a whole by selecting your @myModCollection-Mod. But once again, distributing the mods that way might infringe mod licenses. If in doubt, check the sources of the single mods or ask the creators.

Thank you for replying, where can I find the mod licensing? I'm looking at the Armaholic pages and I am not seeing any information on licensing or distribution.

Thank you for replying, where can I find the mod licensing? I'm looking at the Armaholic pages and I am not seeing any information on licensing or distribution.

Usually that's noted in the notes, like here: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=21785

The informations on licenses are usually clearer on the respective BI-Forum-pages. Sometimes you have to take a look at the included files, maybe there's a readme in there. Usually it's not that big of a deal, but you can't be sure, if it isn't explicitly stated. The easiest way to make sure that you're on the right track is mailing the creators and asking nicely. ;)

Usually it's just common sense as most clans do this so everybody has a standard set of mods to work with. But usually modders (like me) don't really mind as long as you are simply using it. Modifying the mod however does require you to ask the modder permission however.