Sign in to follow this  
Juicymarmalade

Mod keys won't be accepted by any servers

I was checking out some mods for Arma 3 like the map pack and various unit and vehicle mods, but even though I've put the mod files into my addons folder and the keys for them in the keys folder, I can't get into any multiplayer servers. There's always a red circle next to every server and when I try connecting it comes up with the names of some of my mod files and says to delete them or insert the correct key because they aren't accepted on the server.

Can someone please help me and tell me why I can't get into any servers with mods despite having the keys? I don't want to have to delete my mods every time I want to play multiplayer and then add them again whenever I just want to fool around in the editor.

The keys are for the server, not the client. The server needs to have these keys to accept you connect to it. If you have addons loaded but the server doesn't have the keys installed, this means those mods are not allowed (needed) on this server.

Only load mods that are required on a particular server.

(...) I've put the mod files into my addons folder and the keys for them in the keys folder (...)

You should not do that. Don't put your mods into the addOns-folder inside your game folder. You should create a modfolder for every single addon (or use the ones that are usually provided - or use a launcher, that's way easier, especially for people who don't really know how to install mods properly). Otherwise you could easily wreck your game installation - and make removing or adding single addons to the game really complicated.

Example:

don't copy the modcontent to \steamapps\common\Arma 3\Addons, but into \steamapps\common\Arma 3\@YOURMODNAME\AddOns and \Arma 3\@YOURMODNAME\keys.