Sign in to follow this  
Iepers

Jiri houdek and those crazy hostages!

I have tried to do this mission about 8 times and i still could not resuce those hostages from the Russians. First i tried the frontal assualt a few times and i failed. Then i decided to go around and sneak up on them but everytime i get close to them they shoot them or i die. I finnaly said the heck with it and just go in cause some noise and let them be killed and disapper into the hills. Does anyone have a winning strategy with this mission.

I mean whats the strategic leader of the resistance doing a misson like this anyway?

I know its just a game and i having a blast with it. I am now up to the battle of Petrovice and was doing well until i got a surprise.

And who is Jiri Houdek, one guy claims he played hockey with him?

tounge.gif

Cheers.

i went to the ural, i jumped in the ural then holding down the E button i steared to towards those crazy russians and wala.

I made my way VERY close to them. Shot em up, and covered the hostages on the way out.

I did get close to them but got killed, i just got fed up with this mission and moved on to the next exciting mission. I am sure it was a easy mission but i just am not that great at those types of missions.

I never though about going into the ural!

Cheers.

First, order your men to hold fire and get in a column. Go down the hill to the right flank of the town from your position, making sure you're out of the sight of all the patrols out front. You should come back uphill near some Russian vehicles, like a Ural and maybe some other things.

Order your men into a wedge and give them a stealth order, then sneak up to a hole in a wall where you should be able to see a Russian soldier's back. Get up close to him so you can see the entire clearing where the prisoners are being held. Wait for any passing patrols to get into your line of sight, and then tell your soldiers danger/open fire and gun down all enemies as fast as possible. As soon as you kill some Russians the hostages will start running away. Clean up the town, go to the rondevous point and await further instructions. I'd recommend taking the Ural with you to make the next part of the mission easier.

I told my men to hold fire, keep low and enter stealth mode. Then I ran down the bushes to your left, and told my men to target the two soldiers on patrol. When the soldiers were walking towards the opposite direction, I ran past them, next to the building where the hostages were (Or the garden rather). Told my men to open fire, and I killed the soldiers in the garden. The shooting took about 5 seconds, just like in the movies wink.gif. Stealth and unintelligent AI are your friends.

I snuck around to the left and up by the vehicles like everyone else. My first AI was equipped with a sniper rifle and I set him on the hill near the start, so he could see the two guys patrolling in the north east. Gave him orders to target the first one. My second AI received an AK-74 and was placed a little further up, on the hill with all the bushes to the NE of the village. He was targeting the second guy in that group. I went through the W side of the village with a Bizon and snuck behind the only stationary soldier who was north of the church. Once the second patrol crossed my sights, I took out all three and gave my buddies the order to fire.

Next up was to steal the two RPGs and move everyone out to the meeting point. If you were quiet there's a lone BMP that comes to check out the base that arrives a few minutes after you start shooting. If he lingers in the town too long he'll call up another BMP and a T-72, as well as a squad of guys from the south. Best bet it to be gone by then, or to take out the first BMP which will buy you a little more time.

Jonas Bane

There's Love Inside

I managed this part of the mission the same as Iepers but stood by the back of the church waiting for the BMP to arrive as more times than not it will drive around by the UAZ and you can take it out before it tells anyone about your attack.

Unfortunatly this time it decided to continue along the road and got stuch in the hole in the wall where you go into the garden to rescue the hostages. Shot it with the RPG but not before it alerted the base.

Gave all the hostages the mount truck command and got one of my men to drive over to them (as they just run off to the exit point when freed).

Brought them back, armed them and placed 2 (plus me) with RPG's at the start of the road on the side of the town you start on as the T72 and BMP come down this road. Lost one man but took out both and then got the rest to kill the squad coming up behind.

Loaded up the truck and went to the exit point and onto the second part of the mission.

I found it alot easier to take out the BMP and T72 in the village rather than on the hill after the second base (they both always seemed to turn up and take out my loaded up truck first after the camp was cleared).

Also I think one of the guards was a little jumpy as one of the hostages was already dead before any of the guards saw me or started shooting.

Cheers

Rims

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RimBlock @ July 31 2002,12:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I managed this part of the mission the same as Iepers but stood by the back of the church waiting for the BMP to arrive as more times than not it will drive around by the UAZ and you can take it out before it tells anyone about your attack.<span id='postcolor'>

Unfortunitly i had no rpg otherwise i just might have done the same thing. Having no rgps is bad becase u will need them for the mission occupation.

How i managed to have no rpgs is a mistery.

cheers