flyinpenguin

Improved Fatigue System

This is just an update, I was planning on working on the mod today and putting out the update, but of course after a ton of finals, I really didn't feel like doing to much :P So I have just started working on it and will try to push out a simple update just to polish a few things. This means I will be putting the water system in another update which should be coming out later this week. I apologize for the delay.

Updated to Version 0.4!

ChangeLog:

v0.4 - Added - heartbeat effect

Changed - Falling down animation

Changed - Timings of blinks

Fixed - CBA is no longer needed! (apparently it was before)

Main post and download links have been updated.

Thanks for informing us about the new version :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

New version gives error with heartbeat config.

New version gives error with heartbeat config.

Can you give me some more information? I tried to replicate the error but have not seen it yet. First of all, when does it pop up? Loading the game? Loading the mission? And then if you could give me the exact error message. I'm initially guessing that it is a mod confliction.

Excellent, thank you. I have never gotten this error myself but this is a great help to making this go away. I will try to make sure this is fixed in the next update. If you could answer a few more questions, that would be great.

Does the heartbeat sound play at all?

And are you running allinarma mod? I noticed the character model is low res and assumed allinarma. It could affect how the game reads the config.

I dont need these questions answered to fix the issue (I have already fixed it in my master version for v0.5 and can give you an updated version if need be) but it helps me understand how Arma works a little better. Anyways, I appreciate the information!

Edited by flyinpenguin

Nope. Nope. Im running South Zagorian Army, tested it on some other side soldiers - same problem.

Ok, cool. I will download that mod myself and make sure my next update is compatible.

Updated to version 0.5 beta!

ChangeLog:

v0.5 - Added - Optional Alpha of Fatigue Water System!

Fixed - rare No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgSounds/FS_heartbeat.titles error

If you can spare the time and help me out with the alpha version of this water system that would be great. Please tell me what you think is good and bad, and what need to be added!

This is the readme included within the mod. Please read if you wish to participate in the alpha!

Hello and welcome to version 0.5 beta of Improved Fatigue System!

This version of the mod contains an alpha version of a new Fatigue Water System.
By default, this is disabled.
If you wish to enable it, go into 'userconfig/ImprovedFatigueSystem/FS.hpp' and open the file with notepad.
Next, change the text saying false, to true.
Congratulations! You have now enabled the Water System!

Please note the following:

-The amount of water will be displayed in a dialog box (will value from 0 to 1 and starts at 1)
-You will have a new scroll wheel command called "Drink Water"
-Drinking water will increase water value by 0.2
-Having a water level more than 1.5 will make you go into an animation and lose water
-Having more than 0.8 water will increase your fatigue ability
-Having between 0.5 and 0.8 water will do nothing
-Having between 0.25 and 0.5 water will make you fatigue faster
-Having between 0 and 0.25 water will make you fatigue even faster and possible to pass out while standing still
-Having 0 water will make you fatigue even faster and make it impossible to decrease fatigue past a certain point

Note that this is an alpha of the water system where as the Fatigue System as a whole is in beta.
Please think about giving feedback on the forums http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?176677-Improved-Fatigue-System
If you think bohemia forums suck, contact me by email at flyinp3nguin@gmail.com

Future plans for the water system:

-have an image icon to tell you which water level category you are in
-create a new item in game for water so water is not limitless
-possible dehydrated effects

Edited by flyinpenguin

Thanks for informing us about the new version mate :cool:

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

New update v0.5 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@improvedfatiguesystem.png

New version give me this error at game start and mission loading screen:

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/579021807254713424/13E61DBD685423B09B61401C3DE4E37A06A73841/

It doesn't work now at all, tested on clean A3 and with mods.

ok, thats weird. Here is a version without the alpha that is causing the issue. It is working flawless on my machine and a few others so again, this is really useful to me, thanks! I will try to find the issue and push out an update as soon as I am able.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xs2hhkt6igtqo1w/IFS_no_alpha.7z

---------- Post added at 13:38 ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 ----------

@gienkov, did you change the userconfig file? If so can you post what you changed it too? I am pretty much at a loss as to what is causing your error except for something in the userconfig

Nope, I left it default. Did not touched it. This new fixed version works and have heartbeat working. I would really like to test that hydration module, looks interesting, for example, we often play coop mission that are sometimes 3-4 hours long, and include lot of running, so I don't think one could withstand so much exercise without water.

Default userconfig I have now:

//Change this to true to enable Fatigue Water System

#define FS_water_enable false;

Edited by gienkov

Nope, I left it default. Did not touched it. This new fixed version works and have heartbeat working. I would really like to test that hydration module, looks interesting, for example, we often play coop mission that are sometimes 3-4 hours long, and include lot of running, so I don't think one could withstand so much exercise without water.

Default userconfig I have now:

#define FS_water_enable false;

Ok. That is really odd then. I will continue trying to figure out why it is doing that. I want to make the water system optional but I might have to do that in the form of a separate .pbo or a separate mod. More likely a separate mod. I made another quick version if you wish to help me out that should get around this issue if you wish to help give me some feedback on it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cote67lnq561nh1/IFS_alpha.7z

I appreciate all your help! Glad you take the time to help me out!

---------- Post added at 20:01 ---------- Previous post was at 19:34 ----------

@gienkov, I think I found the issue. I totally messed up. I apparently did not update the userconfig for the final version. Change it to

#define FS_water_enable false

and it should work (aka remove the colon). Totally my bad. I will update the main download links with the new version.

---------- Post added at 20:09 ---------- Previous post was at 20:01 ----------

Apologizes for the mistake, hotfix version 0.5.1 is out to fix this issue.

ChangeLog:

v0.5.1 - Hotfix - incorrect userconfig has been fixed

New update v0.5.1 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@improvedfatiguesystem.png

Thanks again for informing us about the hotfix :cool:

Nice work, i think that you can use the default item in arma 3 to drink in-game :p or implement a system camelback same that day z (with drinking sounds) or only soldier with decoration camelback http://www.arma3.com/images/screenshots/large/arma3_screenshot_03.jpg.

For blinking moment can you implement this efects?

minute 2:10

Thank you

Thanks! I actually have a few people I know of who can help me create some custom in game items. Also, you want a radial blur when you blink? Do you mean just for the short time you are blinking or a constant thing that gets worse as you get closer to falling over?

Some things that I have been thinking about

1- A base object that has 'infinite' water to fill up with but is static (ie the existing water barrel)

2- The water that you can drink from has a limited number of drinks (like a camelback)

3- The 'water bottle' item can be carried and fills up a certain amount your available water (aka camelback)

Also, I have been trying to think of other things to penalize the dehydrated player. Currently all I am doing is messing with the fatigue values. I have thought about making it or the fatigue system itself affect weapon sway but am unsure at the moment. Another thing that I have been trying to figure out is what is the best method to drink, meaning should it be a scroll wheel option like it is now, should it be one of the custom keys, or should it be an automatic thing that keeps you filled up as long as you have water in your inventory? I know that pilots and others have a lot of scroll wheel options already to deal with which is why it may not be the best option.

Let me know what you all think!

Hi, "a constant thing that gets worse as you get closer to falling over", i think is more real, because you are exhausted, heart sound, blinking effect, etc... you are breaking. jajaja

Our arma group in arma 2 played with this addon http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=17923 a video with item camelback and effects

I don´t know how help you, i know a little development with api Bohemia, sorry.

Hi, "a constant thing that gets worse as you get closer to falling over", i think is more real, because you are exhausted, heart sound, blinking effect, etc... you are breaking. jajaja

Our arma group in arma 2 played with this addon http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=17923 a video with item camelback and effects

I don´t know how help you, i know a little development with api Bohemia, sorry.

Cool, and all you need to do to help me is what your doing. Telling me things like, 'It takes too long for the water to go down' or 'Scroll wheel to drink is getting to be a problem'. So your suggestion for adding a radial blur and sending me the video of an Arma 2 water mod are exactly what I need. So thanks!

Suggestion: make some first person messages that will tell how much player is tired. So for example: fatigue level > 0.2 & < 0.4 - hint "I am slightly tired", fatigue level > 0.5 & < 0.7 - hint "I can fell my heart beating strong", fatigue level > 0.9 - "I'm gonna pass out in a moment" etc etc.

Even better, you could make user key to check fatigue and display that messages. Automatic ones could cause distraction.

Wysłane z mojego Xperia Live with Walkman przy użyciu Tapatalk

Suggestion: make some first person messages that will tell how much player is tired. So for example: fatigue level > 0.2 & < 0.4 - hint "I am slightly tired", fatigue level > 0.5 & < 0.7 - hint "I can fell my heart beating strong", fatigue level > 0.9 - "I'm gonna pass out in a moment" etc etc.

Even better, you could make user key to check fatigue and display that messages. Automatic ones could cause distraction.

Thats a great idea. I had been thinking of putting similar texts for the water system. I think the messages would get a bit distracting for the fatigue system but having a user key to press and then display a message would be ideal. Though the heartbeat and blinking cue's were supposed to be the things telling you how tired you are. I will mull it all over and run it by my unit to see what they think.

So my current list to add to the fatigue system is:

-Add long term radial blur while fatigued

-Add user key to display tiredness level

Also, I would love feedback on a simple question from everyone.

Weapon sway, yes or no?