Sign in to follow this  
tmortensen

Maximum placed units threshold? (ZGM)

On our public server Zeus is playing along making his missions then....

A unit cap seems to be reached in which the Zeus will no longer be able to place any more units on the map, this being in regard to OPFOR units.

He/ she is then able to use AAF forces as normal in placement.

Is there a set cap in which I am missing, which is present by default unless defined?

Must I define in my mission description.ext a ticket number at start? If there a normal set default of spawns available for each side?

I understand there is respawn tickets within a PVP environment, in ZSC for example:

"\a3\functions_f\Params\paramRespawnTickets.hpp"

However this being in a ZGM game mode is bizarre to me.

Has anyone got any clues whether there is a game/ mission/ server limit to the Zeus placement?

It's a group limit, not a unit limit. You have probably hit the limit of 144 groups for that side. Apparently this fix has not yet been implemented?

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=17602

Cheers for the heads up though it was something like that, reminds me of mission making back with group limit, didn't realise it existed in a Zeus environment, fingers crossed this gets fixed to release this threshold.

It's an engine limitation, so you'll run into it whether you are adding groups through the editor, MCC, VTS, Zeus, scripts, etc. It's odd, as you can delete groups from the unit/group list in Zeus, it just doesn't seem to "take".

you can spawn a small script that tries to delete all groups every 30 or so seconds. Groups that are not empty (guys are still alive) will be untouched without any kind of error message.

Something like this, maybe?

while {true} do 
{
{
	if (count units _x==0) then {deleteGroup _x}
} forEach allGroups
sleep 30;
};

Would there be issues where respawn is used? For example, if all player units in a group were killed, then their group was deleted before they respawned.

Something like this, maybe?

while {true} do 
{
{
	if (count units _x==0) then {deleteGroup _x}
} forEach allGroups
sleep 30;
};

Would there be issues where respawn is used? For example, if all player units in a group were killed, then their group was deleted before they respawned.

Haven't had it happen yet, and i don't even check the count of the group I just {deleteGroup _X} foreach allGroups;

Why aren't active groups deleted? Is that just the way it works?

Just the way it is - even says so in the documentation.

Ah, duh. I was looking at the ComRef, not the script command wiki... :rolleyes: