Sign in to follow this  
real meatshield

HTTP redirect- is it possible?

Can it be done? Looking to add mods to the server and have an easy way for people to download them. Some of the guys in the squad are less than savvy and doing command line stuff just isnt within their grasp.

Try a modpack? Just dump a bunch of mods into a folder and you host that so they can download, drag and drop one thing instead of several. Then roll through the expansions configuring in the menu - no command line needed.

Uhm, what I don't understand is why there would be a need for command line operations as a normal player. Also are you talking about that you have to enter the launch parameter? That's hardly command line. Anyway, the most common way for a community to distribute their mods is a simple ftp server and the files zipped in a archive. All the end user than has to do is to extract it and enter the launch parameter. Other maybe simplier would be to use ArmASync or even BTSync/Dropbox/... .

Create a repository via Six Updater or Play WithSix and move the config.yml to a live web host, then either reference a button called something such as "Download Mods" with the link to the yml file, Example: pws://web.address.com/arma3/repo.yml

We use Arma 3 Sync...repositories are the way to go:)

OK so it seems as though a repository is what I am looking for... but I don't understand what a .yml is, or how to go about creating one. Or, what the exact process is for setting up a repository in A3Sync. I looked at the wiki but it was vague, at best. I have a website where I could host the mods, and grant ftp access, just not clear on how exactly to set it up.

Six support returns a google doc when searching for repo support. this is what it tells me:

Repo management / Hosting

This still needs to be done with SIX Updater until we complete the new Repo Manager.

After launching SIX Updater, make sure Advanced Mode is enabled, then open the Repo Manager.

So it seems as though Updater was the old program, and for the life of me I cannot find "advanced mode" anywhere in the current program. I am completely befuddled by this...

Edited by Real Meatshield

Well I finally found a link to download the old updater, yet with gamespy going away in a couple of weeks it seems as if that is going to be a useless program (six updater) before too long.