Sign in to follow this  
smeghead

Rat's nest/v-80 target lock problem

Hello all;

I just got Resistance and am getting used to the new features by plying through the 5 new single missions. I am having a frustrating time getting through the one called “Rat’s Nest†(where you pilot the V-80). Although I can lock my weapons onto ground targets, I cannot for the life of me do the same for the squadron of enemy helicopters that swarm me when I approach the base (I tried TAB, right clicking, all the buttons on my joystick, cursing in 4 languages, but nothing works). The best I can do is try and get the aiming reticule onto a chopper and fire blindly away, but they are accurate from quite far away and I usually can’t even see them as I get blown from the sky. Has anyone else come across this problem, and if so is there a way to lock onto airborne targets? Thanks as always to those who take the time to respond.

Best wishes,

smeghead

sorry bro, ut its impossible to lock onto airborne targets with any weapon. Its only possible when you are f;lying a two-seater chopper and have an AI gunner wth you, thent eh AI will aim for you.

i found its quite easy to shoot down airborne targets with the v-80. simply use the "v" gunsight view. You can zoom in and out, all you gotta do is learn how to lead the target.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (taimaishu1103 @ Aug. 03 2002,05:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">sorry bro, ut its impossible to lock onto airborne targets with any weapon.  Its only possible when you are f;lying a two-seater chopper and have an AI gunner wth you, thent eh AI will aim for you.

i found its quite easy to shoot down airborne targets with the v-80.   simply use the "v" gunsight view.  You can zoom in and out, all you gotta do is learn how to lead the target.<span id='postcolor'>

You CAN lock onto enemy aircraft with weapons. Use the AP/He cannon to lock on with the V-80. THe other choppers 30mm can lock onto air untis too. Use the AP/HE to lock onto the enemy choppers.

Yeah!, I get problems with the 'lock on' with the V80 as well. sometimes it will lock to air targets , but mostly not.its very irratic. (I get screen judders with the V80 as well), same with troops on the ground!. the only way to play the V80 is like you say, with the 'iron Sight' 'Tele' mode with the 30mm cannon. it kicks ass then! wink.gif ...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Harnu @ Aug. 03 2002,05:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif1--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (taimaishu1103 @ Aug. 03 2002,05wow.gif1)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">sorry bro, ut its impossible to lock onto airborne targets with any weapon.  Its only possible when you are f;lying a two-seater chopper and have an AI gunner wth you, thent eh AI will aim for you.

i found its quite easy to shoot down airborne targets with the v-80.   simply use the "v" gunsight view.  You can zoom in and out, all you gotta do is learn how to lead the target.<span id='postcolor'>

You CAN lock onto enemy aircraft with weapons.  Use the AP/He cannon to lock on with the V-80.  THe other choppers 30mm can lock onto air untis too.  Use the AP/HE to lock onto the enemy choppers.<span id='postcolor'>

It's impossible to lock air units with AP ammo selected (asi in BMP2), with HE it's fine. HE rounds are far better against all targets so use them (but they don't reload from ammo truck . sad.gif )

whats the easiest way to beat this level? i keep getting shot down by those apachies.

Use your 30mm cannon with the 'iron sight' veiw. it opens up a TV screen to target with. you can zoom in and out as well, for the longer shots....

I was most successful shooting down the choppers with rockets. After a couple of failed attempts to complete the mission however, I raced straight to the enemy base and accidently destroyed the enemy choppers while they were still on the ground. I say accidently because I didn't realize I'd done that until I flew low and slow to clean up the enemy soldiers and saw the wreckage, wondering all the while why I hadn't been attacked from the air yet. Also, I noticed that the mission said 'destroy the enemy armour' yet it wouldn't send in the paratroopers until I destroyed lots of soldiers on the ground long after taking out the vehicles (perhaps a vehicle was disabled but still had enemy in it?).